Skip to main content

Girls will be girls

Today's Small Talk Six topic is 6 reasons why you would be doomed if you were stranded on a deserted island all by yourself.

There are things that will probably help me survive like going vegetarian, and those survival tips I learned from school camping. But if being deserted is long-term, even if it's a LOST type of island, I would die from:

1. Worry. Who would take care of my boys? Look at the state of them on my sidebar.

2. Fright. They say deserted islands are usually haunted.

3. Vanity. I would miss make-up, shoes, silk blouses, the swivel chair at work, jewelry, hats, purses. Girls will be girls :)

4. Boredom. If there's no internet when I wake up, I freak out.

5. Loneliness. Privacy is a good thing. The total absence of company and worse, longing for it when you know there isn't, is another thing.

6. Maladjustment. It's not just my habitat. I could try Tom Hanks's strategy, but ... I'll start thinking about it if, knock on wood, I ever get shipwrecked.

~ Visit Karenc @ Momdot for more STS ~

Comments

I am Harriet said…
Vanity wouldn't bother me that much.It would probably be a nice break for me :)

Have a great Saturday.
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/11/how-many-times-in-your-life-have-you.html
XoXo said…
Hahaha...I still couldn't imagine things if it too will happen to me. Hhhmm...I guess I will just succumb by just meditating like there is no tomorrow. :)
Brittany said…
yep - I would be dying of boredom too!
Anya said…
Very funny to read Hazel :)
Thanks for your so fantastic comment !!!
Did you like Jerry the mouse
LOL

I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend
Anya :)
Kareltje =^.^=
Seems in one way or another, most all of us dislike being alone the most. Hmmm.
http://networkingwitches.wordpress.com/2009/11/07/small-talk-six-saturday/

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...