Skip to main content

Dances With Wolves

"Inside everyone is a frontier waiting to be discovered"


goes the tagline. Dances With Wolves is a 1990 film starring Kevin Costner. I chose it for my entry to this week's TCP theme: western, as it's the first and probably the only one of the genre I have in my collection right now. I haven't toughened up with westerns but I buy and collect one that I like for it's quality and the way it is presented. And maybe I picked right. When I checked out 'Dances' on the Internet Movie Database I found out it won 7 oscars
.


Here's the plot summary with a link of the source, followed by the trailer:

Having been sent to a remote outpost in the wilderness of the Dakota territory during the American Civil War, Lieutenant John Dunbar encounters, and is eventually accepted into, the local Sioux tribe. He is known as "Dances with Wolves" to them and as time passes he becomes enamoured by the beautiful "Stands With a Fist". Not soon after, the frontier becomes the frontier no more, and as the army advances on the plains, John must make a decision that will not only affect him, but also the lives of the natives he now calls his people. ~ Written by Graeme Roy Source


~ Visit Kikamz @ Just About Anything for more westerns ~

Comments

Anonymous said…
I never did see that movie but now I think I might. Thank goodness for iTunes. :)
kamz said…
didn't get the chance to watch this yet but im sure it's a good movie. good choice for a western movie. speaking of costner, dami nya movies in this genre. there is also wyatt earp where he plays the role of a lawman.

thanks for joining this week hazel. next week, we will post movies about presidents or their first families. till next tcp! hugs and happy tcp!
Mys said…
I liked this one a long time ago. Hmm. I barely remember this movie.
Chris said…
ive seen this one!
Lulu said…
love this movie
Ebie said…
I have seen this movie too pero taas kaayo.

P.S. Didto ko gikan sa ka Kikamz nakita nako sa usa ka blogger sa Watery Wednesday. Hahaha, daghan na tang bisdak!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...