Skip to main content

Antique gold ornaments, BACC 1

The Bangkok Arts and Culture Centre is right at the heart of the city. It can be reached easily by skytrain (National Stadium station). An exhibit was on when I visited the center last year.

A craftsman working

Some of the antique gold ornaments on display

See more worlds at
brought to you by the MyWorld team:
Klaus Sandy Wren Fishing Guy Sylvia

Comments

Anonymous said…
Skytrain? Does it have wings? LOL Those are beautiful. Too bad we didn't own them. We'd be rich :) thanks for sharing.
Photo Cache said…
those thai gold jewelry they locally call baht are really pretty. outstanding craftsmanship as well.

www.ewok1993.wordpress.com
Rajesh said…
Very beautiful antique gold ornaments.
Hazel said…
Yeah, Thom, look at the small rocks dotting them too :D

J Bar, thanks

Ewok, yep the gold value
Indrani said…
Those are beautiful!
Ebie said…
I would definitely enjoy the gold exhibit. Thai 24K gold is the best, so elaborate.

P.S. The name of the actor is William Fichtner, starred in movies: M/M Smith, Armageddon, Dark Knight, etc...
Hazel said…
Rajesh and Indrani, yes they are

Ate Ebie, thanks for telling me I don't have to kill myself lol!... Those titles are still eye-catching though. It must have been interesting to spot someone involved in major stuff.
Very beautiful photos!!!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful. Makes me greedy.
My name is Riet said…
How beautiful those are. Nice pictures and real interesting
Carver said…
What a beautiful art center you showed with wonderful shots.
Jewel said…
Very interesting work I'm sure! The jewelry is beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...