Skip to main content

To all the girls I've loved before

Musical Monday: Diggah Tunnah
Please scroll down for Monday Mayhem

Yesterday the blogosphere was humming Disney. I'm still in the mood for it today. My Lion King - crazy five-year old insists on staring amazed (with mouth agape) at these meerkats and hyenas. I enjoy the animation as well so it ends up as the tune that moves us today.



Diane @ Good Mourning, Glory! hosts
See what's moving others by clicking here
***************

Monday Mayhem: Foxxfyrre's Things you Shouldn't Say Around [Blank
Please scroll up for Musical Monday



Welcome to Monday Mayhem. Our host today is the ever popular host of Sunday Stealing. The meme chosen today is based on his You Are Paying Him, Aren't You? meme.

Today we got tagged. The WTIT Tape Radio Blog is generally up to the challenge, so we accepted. And we WILL actually tag people for this one. It would not be fair to Frank not to follow this through. Here we go!



Here are The Official Honk 'n' Hollr Rules:

Rules are simply fill in the [blank] in "Foxxfyrre's: Things you shouldn't say around [Blank]" . To make it interesting, when you comment someone, add a phrase using their [blank] topic.

Things you Shouldn't Say Around a Wife with a Philandering Husband


1. There's still hope. Try ancient chinese slimming tea.
2. The confidential policy is that select women are sometimes also welcome to my all men's exclusive clubimage


3. Son to Dad with mom within earshot: "Dad, how much increase on my allowance are you giving me for calling you Uncle around your lady friends?"image


4. Mistress-targeting school on 3rd street. First lesson free.
image


5. And this you should never ever sing, play or even suggest at a karaoke party when she's around: To all the girls I've loved before


I thought I would dedicate this post to one of my favorite aunts. She was gorgeous, kind, generous. A cool aunt, good mother and long-suffering wife who, in spite of her perrenial marital woes managed to joke that when it's her turn to go she'd want to be buried wearing her electric red lipstick. Above all she was faithful to my philandering uncle til the bittersweet end. Rest in peace, dear Auntie M!

Harriet hosts Click here for more Mayhem

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good pick for Monday Music
Anonymous said…
OMG I love that Lion King song. It's just wonderful. I love your 3 and 5. Such a smart son. You have taught him well LOL How sweet of you to dedicate this to your Aunt M. You are so sweet :) Happy Monday :)
??? said…
It's a catching tune for sure. Lion King was the last Disney movie I saw on the big screen and one of the few "modern" Disneys I like. Who doesn't like a movie with meerkats ;)
Hazel said…
Coopernicus, thanks

Thom, the Dad taught him well. This is an issue in my family that I'm used to already. I just laugh it off now.

Jedidiah, ah... a proxy server. Alrighty I'll try it. Thanks.
Bud Fisher said…
Love the "Uncle" joke! ROFL! Great job...
Hazel said…
Bud, that is one I will always remember from 'those days' :))
Diane said…
haha we used to have the singalong on vhs of that song. it's very catchy lol!!!
Run DMT said…
Dig a tunnel. Dig, dig, dig a tunnel. QUICK before the hyena come.

Love Lion King 1 1/2! Tumon is hilarious.

I am so sorry about your Aunt. Got give it up for the girl, though. That's my kind of lady- requesting to be buried in red lipstick. ;-)
I am Harriet said…
heeheeehee...good one. Lovedthe handbag and the uncle thing.
Thanks for playing!
Anya said…
Yeahhhhhhh....
The Lion KING :))))))))
:-)
you monday mayhem stuff was terrific and I liked how you dedicated it to your aunt.

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...