Skip to main content

To all the girls I've loved before

Musical Monday: Diggah Tunnah
Please scroll down for Monday Mayhem

Yesterday the blogosphere was humming Disney. I'm still in the mood for it today. My Lion King - crazy five-year old insists on staring amazed (with mouth agape) at these meerkats and hyenas. I enjoy the animation as well so it ends up as the tune that moves us today.



Diane @ Good Mourning, Glory! hosts
See what's moving others by clicking here
***************

Monday Mayhem: Foxxfyrre's Things you Shouldn't Say Around [Blank
Please scroll up for Musical Monday



Welcome to Monday Mayhem. Our host today is the ever popular host of Sunday Stealing. The meme chosen today is based on his You Are Paying Him, Aren't You? meme.

Today we got tagged. The WTIT Tape Radio Blog is generally up to the challenge, so we accepted. And we WILL actually tag people for this one. It would not be fair to Frank not to follow this through. Here we go!



Here are The Official Honk 'n' Hollr Rules:

Rules are simply fill in the [blank] in "Foxxfyrre's: Things you shouldn't say around [Blank]" . To make it interesting, when you comment someone, add a phrase using their [blank] topic.

Things you Shouldn't Say Around a Wife with a Philandering Husband


1. There's still hope. Try ancient chinese slimming tea.
2. The confidential policy is that select women are sometimes also welcome to my all men's exclusive clubimage


3. Son to Dad with mom within earshot: "Dad, how much increase on my allowance are you giving me for calling you Uncle around your lady friends?"image


4. Mistress-targeting school on 3rd street. First lesson free.
image


5. And this you should never ever sing, play or even suggest at a karaoke party when she's around: To all the girls I've loved before


I thought I would dedicate this post to one of my favorite aunts. She was gorgeous, kind, generous. A cool aunt, good mother and long-suffering wife who, in spite of her perrenial marital woes managed to joke that when it's her turn to go she'd want to be buried wearing her electric red lipstick. Above all she was faithful to my philandering uncle til the bittersweet end. Rest in peace, dear Auntie M!

Harriet hosts Click here for more Mayhem

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good pick for Monday Music
Anonymous said…
OMG I love that Lion King song. It's just wonderful. I love your 3 and 5. Such a smart son. You have taught him well LOL How sweet of you to dedicate this to your Aunt M. You are so sweet :) Happy Monday :)
??? said…
It's a catching tune for sure. Lion King was the last Disney movie I saw on the big screen and one of the few "modern" Disneys I like. Who doesn't like a movie with meerkats ;)
Hazel said…
Coopernicus, thanks

Thom, the Dad taught him well. This is an issue in my family that I'm used to already. I just laugh it off now.

Jedidiah, ah... a proxy server. Alrighty I'll try it. Thanks.
Bud Fisher said…
Love the "Uncle" joke! ROFL! Great job...
Hazel said…
Bud, that is one I will always remember from 'those days' :))
Diane said…
haha we used to have the singalong on vhs of that song. it's very catchy lol!!!
Run DMT said…
Dig a tunnel. Dig, dig, dig a tunnel. QUICK before the hyena come.

Love Lion King 1 1/2! Tumon is hilarious.

I am so sorry about your Aunt. Got give it up for the girl, though. That's my kind of lady- requesting to be buried in red lipstick. ;-)
I am Harriet said…
heeheeehee...good one. Lovedthe handbag and the uncle thing.
Thanks for playing!
Anya said…
Yeahhhhhhh....
The Lion KING :))))))))
:-)
you monday mayhem stuff was terrific and I liked how you dedicated it to your aunt.

Popular posts from this blog

Watch out for the urchin

Friends and I went island-hopping last year. My phone was changing indications of where we were several times. Names are difficult to read, much less remember. The main island where we hopped from is called Koh Chang or Elephant island. We went to five islets each taking about 15 minutes to reach. In a stop one of my friends encountered a sea urchin. They say a pee would cure the sting. I don't know if it's true. Another thing I heard about urchins is they could sense and would crawl towards human presence. Probably for more prickly attention? Although sometimes paradise has a price, the sky was blue, the sun was shining, the weather perfect and the breeze was just what our city-dwelling lungs needed. All is well. *** My World Tuesday is brought to you by Klaus and the My World Team Sandy , Wren , Fishing Guy , Sylvia

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Pretentious Diet

Our Weekend Memoirs: Dieting on Eggs Please scroll down for Sunday Stealing The chinese guy selling noodles in front of 7 Eleven also sells eggs. I wanted to buy some but he was busy with his customers and I couldn't wait. Back in front of the pc, a recent report that Margaret Thatcher's pre-election victory diet included 28 eggs a week had me reading more than I normally would big news. She is said to have told an interviewer that she had "no special dieting regime." Her pocket diary, which was released by the Margaret Thatcher Archive Trust seems to have revealed otherwise. But don't we all sometimes like to keep others wondering? The Iron Lady's husband though gives it to us straight and cool. When asked "who wears the pants in this house?" He replied, "I do. And I also iron them." This anecdote is exactly what I thought of while my southeast asian ass err... blood was quivering in the London cold as I stood on this famous street. Then M...