Skip to main content

Between lunch and dinner

What do you call food eaten between lunch and dinner?

Last weekend I looked for a place to read a book in peace and 9th Cafe @ Siam Paragon was a yummy find. Chocolate swirl cheese cake! I did not regret choosing this.

Sprite.  A drink I have not had in awhile.
 

And mini beef tacos. Yum and I got to do two of my fave pleasures: eat and read.

The world is all good. 
This post is linked with
and

Comments

momgen said…
Yummy...Happy FTF!
Chubskulit Rose said…
Yum, napapatunog tuloy tong tummy ko hehehe.

Spice Up Your Life with Mexican Treats.
lyzacruz88 said…
Mukhang ang sarap ng Choco Swirls Cheescake mo ah!

http://www.lyzalane.info/2011/03/shakeys-late-night.html
Unknown said…
you got me craving for tacos! yum-yum!
Marana said…
tacos are great, i love it.

btw, please vote for Noobfoodie under Blog category and our Mike Mamaril the Site developer/designer of Noobfoodie under Personal category
Cast your vote at PhilWebAwards. thank you

Noobfoodie
MMMM! That cheesecake looks outstanding... I drooled just looking at it.

I think the food between breakfast and lunch is called Elevenses? Even if it's not, that food looks very very yummy :)
The Cheesecake is worth to drool for!
Gone Bananas said…
OMG that cheesecake looks to die for! Yummo! The beef tacos look great too! Although I might've traded the sprite for a rootbeer! *wink*
Hazel said…
Kirsty, next time I go to 9th Cafe I'll check if they have root beer :)
IMRIZ said…
thumbs up for the cheesecake:)
Unknown said…
a new follower here:)
love cheesecakes especially Secret Recipe's marble cheesecake. that one is to die for.

here's my entry:

http://www.domestic-cherry.com/2011/03/maginhawa-strip-carbo-loading-at-ted-ps/

And while you're there, you might want to join my March Bag Giveaway too...=)
Anya said…
I eat all between lunch and diner
but it has no name
:)))))))))
Dumaan, nakibasa at natakam.....One Word - Yummy

Mine is up at FTF#53 - Nathaniel’s Buko Pandan Salad

its me,
Cielo of Brown Pinay
Also blogging at
My Point of View | GCircles | PartyPreppies
darly said…
yummy cheesecake, a real cheese overload

Have a great foodtripping hop, hope you'd check out my FTF entry too
Food and Passion
I Love Darly!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...