Skip to main content

Jane Austen

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single woman in possession of a Jane Austen addiction must be in want of more Jane Austen adaptations - Hazel, Delineating Des
 Jane Austen
16 December 1775 - 18 July 1817
an English novelist whose works of romantic fiction, set among the landed gentry earned her a place as one of the most widely read writers in English literature, her realism and biting social commentary cementing her historical importance among scholars and critics. - Wikipedia

Among ABC Wednesday players I doubt a Jane Austen needs much introduction. Even less known facts about her must not be much surprise to many of you. But forgive me I couldn't resist.

Bride and Prejudice, Tents and Tentsability, Fried and Pre-juiced Dishes, the book clubs, the blogs, the societies, and many more are a testament to her popularity.
As a fan working in the Education industry and trained in research, my readings about Jane Austen, tilt towards the literary criticism side of her works.  That besides all other JA-related things, is endless fun. As this burlesque is:

No Sense, No Sensibility
 
This post is linked with ABC Wednesday.

Comments

a relatively short, but exceedingly productive life,

ROG, ABC Wednesday team
Carver said…
Fun piece on Jane Austen and a great idea for the J-Day.
kat said…
waaaaaa di ko ka tan-aw sa video kay hinay kaayo ako connection. Anyway, thanks for sharing this sis.

Happy ABC Wed.
Sue said…
Oh, Very good! I love your "it is a truth" over there in the sidebar...now to take the JA quiz. Thanks for coming to visit and comment on my J's at jumping aground. Sue
Su-sieee! Mac said…
That video was too, too funny!Like millions of others, Pride & Prejudice is very high up on my list.
VioletSky said…
Endless adaptions for the big and small screen (I have a friend who has them all!)
Great video, thanks for including it.
Chubskulit Rose said…
What a beautiful take on J sis!

Come and see the Joys of our Lives, have a lovely day!
Amanda said…
Snap! Thanks for dropping by my blog!
I love her books, thanks for so interesting post!
Léia - Bonjour Luxembourg
Joy said…
The justifiably amazing Jane. Very funny video; I'm still waiting for a barouche at my door, could be some time.
Unknown said…
a terrific J idea. One of my favorite authors. You have now possible started on the Jane Austen re-read I have been wanting to do!
Suzi
ChrisJ said…
I have read all JA's books, and seen the various TV and movie versions. What I'd really like to know is whether JA would find the BBC English accents of her characters in the movies and theaters a bit outlandish or just plain funny rather than accurate. (That's not a dig at the Brits, for I am one myself). But I do think we have invented a way of speaking, for all characters of that time period that is not legitimate. Do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...