Skip to main content

What if... I thought I fell in love

Monday Mayhem follows

Favorite female vocalists? What a riot! I wish I could have them all here. But here are three of them who sing lyrics that are quite relevant to me these days.

Gloria Estefan --- Here We Are

Dionne Warwick --- I'll Never Love This Way Again

Karen Carpenter --- You

Ahhh... gratification galore!
Amanda @ Bloggin with Amanda hosts Musical Monday

XmasDolly of XmasDolly, Lori of Shewbridges of Central Florida, Larry of Cakeblast, and Callie of JAmerican Spice host Monday's Music Moves Me

Denise @ Run DMT hosts Music Monday Blog Hop

**************************

What if... Charlie Sheen were right about who he is, what he is saying and his "goddesses"?
Then Howard Stern's assessment would be confirmed. Charlie is special.

What if... Potato chips were declared a vegetable?
I'd use a helping beside my steak

What if...All the junk going on in parts of the world ended in peace?
Bad time for the business of war

What if...gas prices hit $5?
The Middle East crisis is dormant, latent, volatile. It goes berserk while we are dreaming of world peace over oolong tea. We shouldn't be surprised at its impact on gas prices

What if...American Idol got canceled?
I never would have known William Hung

What if...the Queen of Alaska was elected president?
A nation has succumbed to her brand of intellectual and leadership fortitude

What if...talking on a cell phone while driving became illegal?
The act of making it illegal is long overdue

What if...Bud and Kathy invited you to a party- would you go?
I would. Jill and the french twins might be around

What if...you found $1000 sitting in the road?
It will find its way to fine haunts

Harriet hosts Monday Mayhem

Comments

Run DMT said…
You've got the greatest female picks here! Nicely done!

I loved your Mayhem Monday answers. They made me chuckle. Thanks for the laugh.
Run DMT said…
Oh and I forgot to say, "THANK YOU for the MM shout out!" You rock, mama! :-)
Shawnna said…
LOL, Charlie is indeed special. In the 'not a good way' variety. Have a wonderful week!
Stacy Uncorked said…
Excellent choices! I love them all! :)

And your Charlie Sheen answers cracked me up! :)

Effen Perfect - MMMM
Maude Lynn said…
Potato chips are not a vegetable? Darn!
Anonymous said…
I loved Dionne Warwick when I was little, such a great voice! Heartbreaker was my other favorite of hers! I really like Gloria too! Coming out of the dark was one of my fav Gloria songs! Nice picks!
I am Harriet said…
Loved your Queen of Alaska answer. Very well said.

Have a great week!
Gigi Ann said…
I enjoyed all three of your female choices... you are the winner..."Winning.." just like Charlie... "Winning" I think that is going to replace "Whatever" "Winning"
XmasDolly said…
hahaha How inventive! Your Post is wonderful and your choices superb! Thanks for playing along with us today & we definitely hope to see you next week. Love these ladies!
Rhiannon said…
ooooh i love the carpenters
Classic NYer said…
Wow... I haven't heard Gloria Estefan in forever...
Colette S said…
I have not heard Dionne Warwick in such a long time!

Love your choices.

Glad you joined with us today.
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Aloha! :)
Amanda Moore said…
Aren't those just the best! these are all songs I grew up on Hazel. I like a lot of the new stuff out there but the music from our era rocks!
Anya said…
Are you in love Hazel ???
LOL
Lovely post !!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Watch out for the urchin

Friends and I went island-hopping last year. My phone was changing indications of where we were several times. Names are difficult to read, much less remember. The main island where we hopped from is called Koh Chang or Elephant island. We went to five islets each taking about 15 minutes to reach. In a stop one of my friends encountered a sea urchin. They say a pee would cure the sting. I don't know if it's true. Another thing I heard about urchins is they could sense and would crawl towards human presence. Probably for more prickly attention? Although sometimes paradise has a price, the sky was blue, the sun was shining, the weather perfect and the breeze was just what our city-dwelling lungs needed. All is well. *** My World Tuesday is brought to you by Klaus and the My World Team Sandy , Wren , Fishing Guy , Sylvia

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Pretentious Diet

Our Weekend Memoirs: Dieting on Eggs Please scroll down for Sunday Stealing The chinese guy selling noodles in front of 7 Eleven also sells eggs. I wanted to buy some but he was busy with his customers and I couldn't wait. Back in front of the pc, a recent report that Margaret Thatcher's pre-election victory diet included 28 eggs a week had me reading more than I normally would big news. She is said to have told an interviewer that she had "no special dieting regime." Her pocket diary, which was released by the Margaret Thatcher Archive Trust seems to have revealed otherwise. But don't we all sometimes like to keep others wondering? The Iron Lady's husband though gives it to us straight and cool. When asked "who wears the pants in this house?" He replied, "I do. And I also iron them." This anecdote is exactly what I thought of while my southeast asian ass err... blood was quivering in the London cold as I stood on this famous street. Then M...