Skip to main content

Glory of Love

Musical Monday and Music Monday Blog Hop: Glory of Love, Beaches version
Amanda @ Bloggin with Amanda host Musical Monday & Denise @ Run DMT hosts Music Monday Blog Hop
Of all versions of this song, this is what I like best. The pianist makes me chuckle; reminds me of audition time in school. I like the girl's confidence in her performance.


********************************

Monday Mayhem: Ten Anyone? Meme
Harriet hosts Monday Mayhem

Mayhem has been hijacked today by Thom. He was tagged recently by Bing at Of Living and Loving...and Coping. Mahalo Bing for the tag. Your mission is to answer the following Ten questions anyway you see fit.


1. Why do you blog? I want my life in readable form

2. Name your three best memories. my father and grandfather showering me with gifts and spoiling me rotten / my boys being happy together / exploring England. Just three? but thanks, now I know I'm more blessed than I realize

3. Name 4 of the best fiction books you've read. These are all I've ever read in recent memory: Pride and Prejudice, Da Vinci Code, Harry Potter, Twilight Saga

4. What are the 5 best movies ever made? (and that I love....) Sound of Music, Dead Poets Society, Harry Potter, Anne Shirley of Green Gables, Jane Austen movies

5. Name 5 things I can't live without. air, water, food, shelter, and one or two of those on the top rung of man's hierarchical needs

6. If you could change your name what would it be? something with a J, K, or V and a couple of A's

7. Tell us a unique and interesting fact about yourself. I once had a pink, pregnant buffalo

8. What do you love best about yourself? my metabolism

9. If you had a "Freaky Friday" experience, who would you change places with? Bella Swan

10. What is the best thing about being a woman. This is not mine. I'm borrowing a gay friend's observation - the best thing about a woman is her ability to use the power of her brains and vagina.

Comments

Unknown said…
last time i saw mayim bialik was in the tv show, the big bang theory.
Hazel said…
imriz, i haven't even seen her anywhere and ever except on this vid and just now lol!
Diane said…
Dead Poets Society? Man how im going to have to rent that! I haven't seen it in years! I forget why, but in 9th grade science our teacher gave us extra credit if we rented it and wrote a report on it. Maybe he was just trying to teach us to seize the day?!
Hazel said…
Diane, maybe he was. I got the DVD in my collection, watch it whenever I forget that I should be seizing the day :) Thanks for mentioning that line.
Jewel said…
A pink, pregnant buffalo? I'm going to need some explaining to understand this. haha.

Have you ever printed your blog? I always dream about turning it into a book..
Hazel said…
Actually Jewel, she was white but turned pinkish because she was so big and round her hide probably thinned and that was blood in her veins that made her look pink. My grandfather had lots of buffalos, we call them carabaos. She was the only white one and I liked her so he gave her to me :)
Amanda Moore said…
that little girl can sing! She is like a jr Bette Midler WOW!
thanks for playin' Hazel!
Hazel said…
Amanda, yes she can and bette jr - i think she could be. til next week
Anonymous said…
Love the song my friend. What a voice she has. Just wonderful. Why is it gay men are always talking about Vagina's...I certainly don't get it but oh well. :) I wonder if deep in their minds they had grown up with pink pregnant elephants as well LOL :)
Bubba said…
Okay, your new name is going to be Ajakva - sounds oddly Mediterranean.
I am Harriet said…
I'm so jealous of your metabolism.
Have you seen Mayim Bialik lately? She's some mega neuro- scientist.

thanks for playing!
Hazel said…
Thom, it's probably a case of wishing for something they don't have. I should have titled this post Vaginas and pink preggy elephants. Lol!

Eric, I was thinking more of a combination from an English queen's and an Israeli commoner's names :D

Harriet, nope. They say it's not Maiyim singing on this vid, but I'll go look around about her
Run DMT said…
I can not believe you didn't add Beaches as one of your favorite songs after picking that clip for MM! I love the Beaches soundtrack and every version of this song. My sister and I use to sing it all the time. We were our own vaudeville act back in the day. LOL

Dead Poet Society is a great movie. I love Harry Potter too.
Hazel said…
Denise, fun song it is. I 'favorited' it on youtube :D
Jewel said…
haha wow. that's incredible!
Medhini said…
Hi,
you seem to be a great fan of Jane Austen... I am one too... I liked the 'One fine day' motion picture version of 'Glory of love'...
Rossel said…
i am looking for the perfect meme's on Monday. these I think are perfect. thanks! will join next week!


Topics on Earth
Mom’s Ups and Downs
Kitchen Essentials

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...