Scroll down a bit for Sunday Stealing
My former Education boss passes away. A couple of meters from the little church where her funeral was held, a wee stand of marangs beckons the wanderer in me.
Only in da Pilipins. Pinoys often say or hear that phrase. I'm not sure where else does this fruit exist.
The cortege inches out of the church yard. I whisper, "bye, Ma'am Arcon" and negotiate (read: haggle) the price of one of these marangs.
More at Our Weekend Memoirs.
Sunday Stealing: The Threesome Meme
Scroll up a bit for Our Weekend Memoirs
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing. Sunday Stealing originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we also have our rules. First, we always credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's post. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") We do sometimes edit the original meme, usually to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, sometimes to select that meme's best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from either this new meme or recently asked questions from a prior featured meme. Let's go!!
Today we ripped this meme from three people! The first eight questions were ripped from a blogger and blog called Foxymoron (left). She explains that she stole it from The Harridan. The second part of this meme was written by some blog buddies of ours since WTIT: The Blog first published in '06. Mr Lance (right) from Solitary Views and Frank (bellow) from Foxxfyrrer's Honk 'n' Holl'r! They decided to do a “two blogs meme” by asking each other 5 questions each. One question they actually never even asked! It was because Frank's mom reads his blog and apparently the question was a bit racy. (See the post by clicking here. It's full of funny schtick.) We left one question out since it was really asked twice. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. At what time of your life were you happiest and why? Right now. I'm twirling freedom galore in my grinning, little fingers.
2. Where and when did you meet the love of your life? I have yet to meet him - excitement in the air, duh
3. Favourite item of clothing ever or most treasured possession? the memories and anticipation of happy things to come
4. Must-have makeup or beauty item? lipstick
5. What do you think is your worst vice or fault .. honestly? I work on not getting mad. And that means I get even.
6. Would you tell your friend, if you knew her husband/wife was cheating on her/him? if it's not necessary, I'll be happy not to get involved
7. What ambitions, wishes or desires, for your life, do you still hold close to your heart? when my heart opens up I'll let you know
8. Where do you see yourself five years from now? this again; but ok, anywhere as long I'm happy
9. If you had the choice of any talent with the penalty that you would lose a talent in exchange, what would you want to gain, and what would you be willing to lose? persuasion skill - getting anything more than I need
10. Name three things that you do want completed in your life before retiring? I prefer my games played while retiring
11. Of all of the people out there who would have been your fantasy date? Date, not romance... an ala-Jacob Black shapeshifter my age
12. Google put another spell on you, you have just changed genders for 48 hours... what are you going to do with your 2 days? behave accordingly
13. If you owned your own island, and got to make it your own country, what would you call it? And why? Isle Stasia
14. If you rubbed the lamp and got 3 wishes, what would they be? world travel, 3-year apprenticeship under one research scientist I admire and long-term residence in a snug cottage
15. What is your earliest memory of puberty? thought, so this is it huh...
16. If you got banished to your Island alone and could only bring 5 things, what would they be? I'd be bare-handed. There's no point to Isle Stasia if it's not stocked.