Skip to main content

Send me a shapeshifter

Saturday 9: Half the man I used to be
Please scroll down for Weekend Funnies

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

1. Do you feel that you are essentially the same person that your were ten years ago? psychologically, yes. dermatologically, no

2. Is there something that you have to give all or nothing to? all to life

3. Have you ever gambled? What have you bet on and for how much? postgrad stuff - I get it done, party on my bucket list. I don't and party on the bucket list gets more intense

4. Can you sleep anywhere or does it have to be in a bed? in a tent during a snowstorm is fine. send me a shapeshifter

5. Tell us about the most disastrous or embarrassing first impression you've ever made on someone. nah..wala...none

6. Do you have a memorable "ripped clothing" moment in your life? No? How about in someone else's? not memorable enough for me to remember who but it must have been on a movie

7. What's changed on your blog since its inception? ...a redo? ...a change of pace? ...or is it about the same? frequency of posting and tweakings, the memes I try, drop or continue doing; mostly I'm exploring

8. If you could travel back in time and whisper something to yourself ten years ago, what would it be? snap out of it!

9. Okay, let's have it! What's the craziest, most impulsive thing you've ever done? that weekend in Kuala Lumpur; tried to forget it but the passport stamp screams I did it

More at Sam's Saturday 9 headquarters

**********************************

Weekend Funnies: Arab student's email to his Dad
Please scroll up for Saturday 9


Another hilarious email: I thought of that wide grin on the Funnies badge and loled at the similarity with an image at the end of this post.


Dear Dad,
Berlin is wonderful, people are nice and I really like it here, but Dad, I am a bit ashamed to arrive at my college with my pure-gold Ferrari 599GTB when all my teachers and many fellow students travel by train.

Your son,
Nasser

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The next day, Nasser gets a reply from his dad:

My dear loving son,
Twenty million US Dollar has just been transferred to your account. Please stop embarrassing us.

Go and get yourself a train too.

Love,
Dad


wehehehehehehhe....

Visit Shakira and Gattina for more funnies.

HAPPY WEEKEND, EVERYONE!

Comments

Swati said…
Wonderfully answered!
Glad to know something about you today :)

http://dwivedi2326.blogspot.com/2010/09/saturday-9-half-man-i-used-to-be.html
Anonymous said…
Prying eyes want to know: Kuala Lumpur? Must have been something else. LOL You know I've never done a bucket list. Mine would be huge I'm sure LOL Love love love your Weekend Funnies. Wonder if that dad wants another son? Have a great Saturday :)
Hazel said…
Tarunita, thanks for dropping by

Thom, KL has no evidence, except the stamp lol! Try a bucket list, I'm keeping mine as inconspicous as possible. Dad probably has more Ferraris than sons :D
Jewel said…
Yes, we're all wondering about Kuala Lumpur.. but I'm sure we all have our own secrets also.

Have a good weekend!
Bud Fisher said…
You really do have to giving your "all to life"! Great job. Enjoy your day...
I am Harriet said…
Love the dermatology answer.

Have a great Saturday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/09/do-you-google-alert-yourself/
Hazel said…
Jewel, right on! :D

Bud, thanks

Harriet, altered over the years, poor thing lmao!

Popular posts from this blog

Watch out for the urchin

Friends and I went island-hopping last year. My phone was changing indications of where we were several times. Names are difficult to read, much less remember. The main island where we hopped from is called Koh Chang or Elephant island. We went to five islets each taking about 15 minutes to reach. In a stop one of my friends encountered a sea urchin. They say a pee would cure the sting. I don't know if it's true. Another thing I heard about urchins is they could sense and would crawl towards human presence. Probably for more prickly attention? Although sometimes paradise has a price, the sky was blue, the sun was shining, the weather perfect and the breeze was just what our city-dwelling lungs needed. All is well. *** My World Tuesday is brought to you by Klaus and the My World Team Sandy , Wren , Fishing Guy , Sylvia

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Pretentious Diet

Our Weekend Memoirs: Dieting on Eggs Please scroll down for Sunday Stealing The chinese guy selling noodles in front of 7 Eleven also sells eggs. I wanted to buy some but he was busy with his customers and I couldn't wait. Back in front of the pc, a recent report that Margaret Thatcher's pre-election victory diet included 28 eggs a week had me reading more than I normally would big news. She is said to have told an interviewer that she had "no special dieting regime." Her pocket diary, which was released by the Margaret Thatcher Archive Trust seems to have revealed otherwise. But don't we all sometimes like to keep others wondering? The Iron Lady's husband though gives it to us straight and cool. When asked "who wears the pants in this house?" He replied, "I do. And I also iron them." This anecdote is exactly what I thought of while my southeast asian ass err... blood was quivering in the London cold as I stood on this famous street. Then M...