Skip to main content

The Best of Times - Styx

Styx, like Queen and several fabulous others, is a band that I grew up with. After the (physical) growing up, I haven't outgrown their songs. Musical Monday host Diane features Celebration of Peace and Co-existence on her blog Good Mourning Glory.

That said
The Best of Times, one of my Styx faves is what I'm posting today. I know. With the economic recession and wars going on it's just a title, although "I do believe it's true ... when people lock their doors and hide inside... rumor has it it's the end of paradise... but I know if the world turned upside down...I know... I wish the summer winds could bring back paradise...." I was looking for some relevance. Additionally I'm sure it helps if we all start getting optimistic with our quest for peace.


~ Visit Diane @ Good Mourning Glory for more music ~

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very well done. And this fits just perfectly. PERFECT!!! And well done. You and I have a lot of the same taste in music. :)
Run DMT said…
Good pick! It definitely fits the theme.
Diane said…
what thom said, lol! perfect!
RA said…
I never have heard of Styx, but I loved this new inspiration :)! Have a wonderful week.
OMG Styx was one of my favorites ever. :) I like this song. Great choice.
Anya said…
I never heard of styx ?????
But it sounds great
:-)
Valerie said…
I have always loved Styx and this song!!
Mimi said…
A great song that I haven't heard in forever! Awesome choice!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...