Pages

Friday, 18 September 2009

Extra-cur

Back in the day, it seemed like the English Department always got this errand of hosting school pageants.

1996. Saturday evening. We had to move a few kilometers along Bankerohan River for the venue of this pageant. That's my co-instructor and co-host, a Mr C. We're both employed in this marine academy in Davao, a city in Southern Philippines. Mr C and I we're having a lull in reading sponsors' names and advertisers when this shot was taken. The student wearing blue is one of the campus hunks who girls go crazy over. I've forgotten whether he won or not but I'm guessing he must be out in some ocean now working on a ship. The academy also offers courses in Hotel and Restaurant Management where the hunk-crazy girls come from. This was my last job before I left the country.




~ FPF is brought to you by Alicia of More Than Words ~

8 comments:

Alicia said...

LOL...the "campus hunk." I wonder what he's doing now???

Hazel said...

maybe gazing out to sea during his spare time :)

Chris said...

wow... great capture... seems so long ago :D

The imPerfect Houswife said...

Cute flashback - I wonder if the "hunk" is still hunky or maybe chunky?? HA HA Thanks for sharing that and have a great weekend ~ ♥

Darcie said...

Loved the story that went along with the picture! I guess it would have been the boy crazy girls...that turned him into a campus hunk. Fun post!

Erin said...

Campus hunk in a mask? Too funny! You look so pretty in your strapless dress...

Hazel said...

Hi Chris, it is :)

Hi imPerfect Housewife, I hope he hasn't gotten that far yet, lol

Hi Darcie, that's very possible. I thought if I were one of those girls I'd go crazy too - he's handsome, tall, and good in class. But I had to behave. It was unfair, LOL!

Hi Erin, thanks

Muthering Heights said...

You look so pretty in this picture!