Giving me all the highs for several weeks now are nights researching for a possible study proposal. The ideas I find here and there are freaking exciting I practically scream at my computer screen. But right now I'm acknowledging the little things that made me smile this week, and they are my faves:
1. Stairs. Hours in front of the pc are giving me extra weight, and I'm getting worried. Climbing stairs is a great alternative over the lift in exercising.
2. Golf cart ride. On Tuesday morning my watch registered 7:50 and I was still inside my apartment. I had ten minutes to sign in at work. Running to the computer in high heels surely would not help. The golf cart saved the day. Uniformed security never looked as useful, helpful and even sweet.
3. Food-equipped office. People in our department must really be this fond of eating. Thai colleagues are always inviting everyone to share their food. It's normal to arrive in the office and find snacks on your desk. Sometimes the goodies have 'designer' taste :)
4. Free Nights. They are numbered. Next week it's show time at the university, so I cherish my free nights as much as I can.
5. Interacting with my 5-year old. I was surpised when he approached me over some hot oil that splattered on my arm when I was frying him sausages. I took the oppportunity to explain how his food is prepared and teach him a quick lesson on being careful. He got more interactive with me than usual and I loved it. My favorite part is his added willingness to be kissed and hugged; and he returns the same acts of affection with intensity after seeing my burn.
~ FFF is brought to you by Susanne. Click her name for more faves ~