1. A blessing in disguise. My room needs serious make-over. I say serious because I've been wanting to have it as much as I couldn't as I'm always glued to my chair in front of the computer. When a friend asked if she could spend one night at my place to be near her ride for a visa run, I scampered to every nook tidying up everything. Then she rang to say she didn't have to anymore. I am as sorry for the bonding we're going to miss, as much as I feel very pleased to see order and freshness in my personal space.
2. Cool atmosphere. Our classrooms and offices are almost always close to freezing temps, while the outside is a gigantic oven. Sometimes I feel like there's nowhere to go. Downpours calm down Bangkok's raging heat. This week it's been raining almost everyday, and I really appreciate the way Mother Nature is treating us.
3. Exciting finds. There are these choice sites I didn't expect to find, but really excited to stumble upon them. They are relevant and sooo what I need to see whether future plans are feasible or not. I've never been this happy with the invention of the internet.
4. A listening ear. A friend came to me (online) with what seemed to me at first as normal everyday blues. But when his tenor went along lines like I see no more reason to keep on living, my ears perked up like crazy. Geez, aren't problems supposed to be a normal part of life now? I didn't know what or how I responded to him, but towards the end of the chat he said, "I appreciate your listening ear and understanding heart, Hazel." I'm no counsellor; my favorite part is learning to listen. No raised eyebrows.
5. Annual Bonus. Recession-Deficit-Cuts. Those are some of the reasons I heard which made me gear my end-of-the-year activities to a rather dull mode. Yesterdy I got the best news from work: there is bonus after all! I thought smiling, 'how did you do that, boss?! Ah, never mind... you are a businessman after all :-).' If I wasn't fancying something more financially demanding I would have been ready to burst China, here I come! Still I find the news most welcome.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
~ FFF is brought to you by Susanne. Click her name for more faves ~