Today we ripped this meme off a blogger named Nik Dirga at the blog Spatula Forum. Nik is an American journalist who now lives in New Zealand with his kiwi wife and son. He does not say where he found the meme. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do new year's resolutions because I never keep them
3. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
by dining on seafood at a floating restaurant in Thailand's summer capital
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
more determination not to procrastinate
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
nothing; 2009 was fun but there isn't any date that memorable to be etched in memory
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
sealing my place in my son's heart, WOOT! he doesn't want to live with his Dad
9. What was your biggest failure?
not being aware of something that should have gotten me out of here sooner
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Where did most of your money go?
to my appetite for tours and sightseeing
13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
You Set My Soul Alight
14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
better, careful planning of goals
15. What do you wish you'd done less of?
being oblivious to things that cost me something I'd rather have been saving
16. What was your favourite TV program?
none, but I watched seasons 4 and 5 of LOST on DVD
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
18. What was the best book you read?
The Exploration of Human Diversity
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Anderson and Roe piano duet, BLUE DANUBE FANTASY
20. What was your favorite film of this year?
Twilight Saga: New Moon
21. What did you do on your birthday?
chatted with friends and ate things yummy
22. What kept you sane?
23. Who did you miss?
my other boy, Mozart
24. Who was the best new person you met?
the bloggy friends I found
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Good timing in everything works wonders
If you find yourself roaming Bangkok in December, you'd think it's just another city celebrating christmas. Despite being 95% Buddhist, indications of the season are stark. In fact some decors look over the top. I hear some Thais think Santa Claus is the father of Jesus. Commercialism here does not miss one of christianity's major celebrations.
There was a christmas party at the Philippine embassy two weekends ago. On our way there Cj thought it was perfect timing to behave. I was thankful it was a mild tantrum; "ignoreable" enough for me to stop and notice the Emporium escalator from the skytrain
and the christmas merchandise inside
A problem with my visa kept me from shopping and wrapping gifts on time. I relied on restaurants and malls to celebrate christmas with Cj. From work I hurried to pick him up from his Dad's house.
We had an early christmas dinner at Sakura on Thursday
Ebie and Arlene host
Click here for more memoirs