1. Parcel from Lancashire. Inside is a little wrapped box. On it is written NOT TO BE OPENED UNTIL CHRISTMAS. I hope I can stand the suspense.
2. Last week of OT (overtime) this year. It's great to come home at 4.30, not 9 PM. Since Tuesday I've been enjoying longer evenings of relaxation - lie down when I want to, neglect domestic chores for awhile and nobody minds; sit in front of the computer as long as I want.
3. Foot soak and midnite snacking while chatting with former college mates - one in Virginia and the other, right in Bangkok. It's a fun kind of multi-tasking.
4. DVDs. I bought Bedtime Stories, a Walt Disney family comedy for CJ and a special edition of Discovery Channel's Nostradamus for me. They're worth the entertainment value they promised on the cover.
5. Changes in Cj's behavior that make me smile and wonder. Somehow on weekend mornings when I prepare breakfast, he doesn't play or watch movies by himself anymore. Instead he puts slices of bread on the toaster, picks his spread from the fridge and follows me while I fry sausages. He doesn't ask for more but he reminds me so much of Oliver Twist as he stands by looking up with anticipation on his face and a plate on his little hands waiting patiently for me to place the sausages on it.
~ Susanne hosts Friday's Faves at Living to Tell the Story ~