Skip to main content

Meet Me Halfway Scenarios

Musical Monday: Meet Me Halfway
Please scroll down for Monday Mayhem

'You' in many love songs usually refers to a person, doesn't it? To me it doesn't. At least this time. It's not just emotions I'm putting on the line these days. It's something more. A new beginning of another life is what I'm putting my attention on. Another life? Did I just say that? Indeed I did. Meet Me Halfway meets the lyrical criteria of what moves me to meet a goal across the sky. And nobody sings it like Kenny Loggins.



Title: Meet Me Half Way
Artist: Kenny Loggins
Lyrics by
lyrics007

In a lifetime, made of memories
I believe in destiny

Every moment returns again in time
When I've got the future on my mind
Know that you'll be the only one

Meet me halfway across the sky
Out where the world belongs
to only you and I

Meet me halfway across the sky
Make this a new beginning of another life.

In a lifetime there is only love
Reaching for the lonely one

We are stronger when we are given love
When we put emotions on the line
Know that we are the timeless ones

Meet me halfway across the sky
Out where the world belongs
to only you and I

Meet me halfway across the sky
Make this a new beginning of another life.

Meet me halfway across the sky
Out where the world belongs
to only you and I

Meet me halfway across the sky
Make this a new beginning of another life.

Diane hosts
head over to Good Mourning, Glory for more music

********************************

Monday Mayhem: Scenario Meme
Please scroll up for Musical Monday

1. You see a strange car pull up to your neighbor's house every day at lunch time. You accidental glance into the window of the house and notice that your 'happily married neighbor' is fooling around! What do you do?

Stay away. It's none of my business.

2. You are at the mall and a mom with really annoying screaming little kids is walking in front of you. She goes to give her kids a quarter for the giant gum ball machine and she accidentally drops a $10 bill and doesn't realize it. What do you do?

Tell her. Besides the fact that it's not yours, a $10 bill is not compensation for annoying kids. Now I am lecturing, lol!

3. You get an email from a candy company telling you that they will send you 6 pounds of delicious chocolate if you blog about their product. When you get the product and try it you realize that it is the worst chocolate that you have ever tasted. What do you do?

I won't blog positively about a product unless I 'eat' what I preach.

4. Texting while driving is one of the most dangerous and annoying things someone could do. Yet, what would you do if you were driving and listening to the radio when the announcer says that he will give $10,000 to the first person with your name that texts a message to him?

Nice try. But my life is worth much more than $10,000.00.

5. You've been invited to your boss's house for a dinner party. It's dark out and there is poor lighting when you get there. As soon as you get inside you realize that you have stepped in dog poop and you have tracked into your boss's house. What do you do?

Clean it up.


6. You are at a restaurant waiting for your food to arrive. You've waited nearly 30 minutes since the moment you placed your order when your food finally shows up. There is a hair on the top of the food. Do you send it back and wait another 30 minutes or do you deal?

If I'm not hungry - send it back. If I am hungry, I'll proceed to the nearest fast food.

7. If you had the power to do so, what would be the one question that you would like to ask anyone who reads this?

What kind of boss would have poor lighting and dog poop outside his house?

Harriet hosts click here for more mayhem

Comments

Anonymous said…
You always put such a spin on your Musical Mondays I love it and this so captures your point. Well done my friend. I liked him better when he was with Messina I must say.

LOL Love the lecture...maybe I should have listened before answering mine LOL You would clean up that poop? PFFFT...you kiss butt really well then ROFLMAO

Have a wonderful week ahead my dear sweet Hazel :) Hugs to you and CJ :)
Anonymous said…
Good song...awful movie....

Oh..and my boss would...too cheap to put the lights on...
Irishcoda said…
LOL, I like that ... what kind of boss has poor lighting and a dog that poops outside the house!
Diane said…
haha @ #7! and another great MM!
Hazel said…
Only my poopy tracks, Thom but thanks for pulling my leg lol!

coopernicus, I honestly have no idea what the movie is about, except for my awareness of Sly in it.

Irishcoda, I did wonder too :)

Diane, :) and thanks.
Amanda Moore said…
I love Kenny what a fantastic song to listen to on my Monday morning, Hazel have a great MM!
I am Harriet said…
Seriously, what kind of boss would have poor lighting and poop outside his house?

Thanks for playing!
Hazel said…
moorebloglife, I love Kenny too!

I am Harriet, the boss is getting more attention, isn't he? :)
Awesome and here's to you and your new beginning!!

Happy MM!
You had the nicest answers for Monday Mayhem.
Tara said…
I've liked this song as well, the lyrics just rocks and a liking not connected to any love emotions also.
Anonymous said…
My dear sweet Hazel...I want you to come back and look at that dog picture in Monday Mayhem...take a good look...It's a poop catcher ROFLMAO Maybe a PhD in poop is what ya need to go for ROFLMAO!!! Terrible...just terrible :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Hunchback of Abella

A Duet When I was about 8 years old, I sang Something's Happened to Daddy in church. My father was not a church-goer so the guy I sang with was my mother's friend's husband. Papa keeps coming to my mind these days. January is the month he was felled by a massive coronary. Next week on the 14th is the anniversary of his death. The only times he ever set foot in church were during weddings and funerals of family and friends. I remember him being present in church eagerly when I was a flower girl at an aunt's wedding. Finally he entered church one more time. At his own funeral. I made sure church was the very place he went to before the cemetery. I only wished he was the one I sang with. Amy hosts head over to Signs, Miracles and Wonders for more music or to join ************************************ Guns n' Roses and the Hunchback of Abella My childhood was what can most likely be called normal. There was a balance of happy and sad memories. Today's

Sense and Sensibility: 200th anniversary

In 1811 Thomas Egerton of Whitehall, London published Sense and Sensibility . Quick math shows it has been two centuries since Jane Austen became a full-fledged author. Quite an anniversary, indeed. A celebration, I declare . Blogs regarding the publication anniversary of this romance novel picture Jane Austen 's engagements whilst making the final touches of her manuscript from Sloane Street. In letters to her sister Cassandra, Jane gave accounts of her shopping for muslin, the party that their brother Henry and SIL Eliza gave; mentioned several acquaintances, and referred to her book as S and S . As a fan I wonder which between sense and sensibility did JA deem more important since she portrayed both attributes equally well. I'm obliged to enthuse over my S & S reading experience. Alas, I only managed fourteen chapters before getting sidetracked by another novel, the very first that JA wrote. I will resume and complete my affair with the celebrant before 2011 end

Thirteen 13-word Quotes

1. I may be wrong , but I have never found deserting friends conciliates enemies. Margot Asquith , British Political Hostess (1864-1945) 2. Man's love is of man's life a thing apart; Girls aren't like that Kingsley Amis , English novelist and poet (1922-1995) "A Book Idyll" ~ see possible origin, also a 13- word quote: M an's love is of man's life a thing apart, 'Tis woman's whole existence Lord Byron (1788-1824) 3. An autobiography is an obituary in serial form with the last instalment missing. Quentin Crisp , English writer The Naked Civil Servant (1968) 4. Happy the hare at morning for she cannot read the hunter's waking thoughts. W.H. Auden , English poet (1907-73) Dog Beneath the Skin 5. Kissenger brought peace to Vietnam the same way Napoleon brought peace to Europe. (by losing) Joseph Heller, American novelist (1923- ) 6. Guns aren't lawful; Nooses give; Gas smells awful; You might as well live. Dorothy Parker ,