Skip to main content

Something fishy

Seafood was major in my diet during christmas and new year. Foremost was fish. I hopped from one restaurant to another and had them either deep fried with salads or steamed with lime and herbs. Fish was the star feature of the culinary delights I engaged in, but then I'm a regular fish eater.

My

are the fish I ate over the recently concluded holidays. Got anything you like on the list?

1. Silver Pomfret
2. Rabbitfish
3. Black Grouper
4. Sea Bass
6. Australasian Salmon
7. Yellow-fin Tuna
8. Chub Mackerel
9. Nile Tilapia
10. Mediterranean Cod
11. Asian Carp
12. Atlantic Halibut
13. Red-tailed Gourami


Thursday Thirteen is brought to you by Megan and Janet

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mmm mmm mmm give me any kind of fish. Raw or cooked. I love it :) course I like any food except liver and eggs.
Hazel said…
Now that you mention raw - I just remember I never had raw fish over the holidays, and that is one of my faves - raw tuna soaked in vinegar and mixed with coconut milk with onion, ginger, chilli and garnished with cucumber. Yum!
Anya said…
We eat raw fish
"herring" I don't know or you know that fish but it swims in the nord sea and its a Dutch speciality,
we eat it with onions !!
Its YUMMIE.......delicious :-)
i beati said…
tilapia and pollack can not get enough
Janet said…
I love fish, and I prefer to eat it out...don't like cooking it! Sushi is my fav, tho :-)
Hootin Anni said…
I'm fond of cajun catfish [the farmed fish...not the mud suckers you catch. LOL]

My 13 is all about "If you're from Colorado you'd know...." HERE Scroll down just below my pencil sketching to find the list.

Happy day to you.
storyteller said…
I love all kinds of fish ... (even pickled herring) ... sushi and sashimi too ... probably my fav is Seven Spice Ahi from Duke's ... delicious ;-)
Hugs and blessings,
Unknown said…
My favorite feed is of fresh perch. Your list is pretty 'fishy' LOL
Happy T13!
Mia Celeste said…
I'm fond of fish too and I'm always looking for new recipes.
Journeywoman said…
I'm highly allergic to all seafood...so none of these are mine. Ah well. Happy TT anyway
I am Harriet said…
That's quite a variety. I'm into Tilapia at the moment.


Have a great day!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/01/why-i-love-atkinshow-are-your.html
Anonymous said…
I haven't even heard of some of these. But then, I live in a dry place. Mostly I eat frozen fish from the grocery store.
XoXo said…
Yay! i love the gourami, yellow fin tuna, salmon but not the mackerel, allergic ko ana...burot burot ako nawng. hhhmmmppphhh!! Happy New Year diha silingan!
Shelley Munro said…
I like fish too. Some of these aren't familiar to me, but we eat a lot of salmon. Hubby smoked a huge fillet the other day. It was delicious.
Amanda Moore said…
I'll take the Cod and Halibut, come to think of it the Talapia too, love the white fish!
Mmm...your list is making me hungry...

We have a decadent seafood bisque on Christmas Eve - lobster, shrimp, salmon, haddock and mussels in a heavy cream sauce, served over rice. I look forward to the Christmas Eve dinner 364 days a year.

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...