Skip to main content

Glorious - Karen Clark Sheard

Something upsetting sent me to a lethargic mode longer than I would have allowed myself to be in. Since I'm having none of it today I thought Karen Clark Sheard's Glorious would jump start my internal buttons. This song reminds me of Gloria Estefan's Conga. Just the tempo I suppose. Glorious lyrics apparently make the difference. Stirring this one is.


Comments

seesawfaith said…
This song is fun! I wish I would keep that attitude much more often!
Debbie Petras said…
This song can definitely change your mood. However, as I woke up and couldn't sleep I hope I can get back to sleep now. LOL. I'm rocking out and praising but that's a good thing. I liked the beat and I always loved Gloria Estafan's music from the 80's too.

God bless you,
Debbie
Genefaith said…
nice song sis..makasayaw gyud ta sa pagdayeg!
Lisa notes... said…
It'd be hard to stay in a bad mood while listening to this song. Just what I need! Thanks for sharing Jesus in this way.
❀~Myrna~❀ said…
Very Joyful song !
Merry Christmas !
~Myrna
Mary said…
Love it! I had to get up and move my body to that great music, but now am sitting again to write this...I think I'll listen again...I do hope it lifted your spirits...you don't want to be in a downward spirla now...too much to praise God for and to be joyful about. Let whatever happened go find a hole to bury itself in, and don't let the devil have a foothold. God bless you!

Mary
Peggy said…
Blessings Hazel! GLORIOUS! Let's shout and praise Him! I remember this song and you're right the music does remind me of "Conga"...but I love Gloria Estefan better in many other songs! Karen certainly sings this with power, conviction & FUN! So since we are created to PRAISE gonna outta here, lifting my hands & givin'
PRAISE! Let's make this a GLORIOUS
time for the Holy of holies' holiday!
Kristi said…
I haven't heard this song before but I love it! It makes me want to dance!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...