Skip to main content

King Narai's Palace

Built in 1666, King Narai's Palace was the home of Ayutthya ruler King Narai the Great. Lopburi, where the palace stands, was the second capital of the Ayutthya Kingdom. When the King died in 1688 both palace and capital were abandoned. It was closing time when friends and I arrived but staff allowed us a stroll on the outer grounds where most of the ruins are.

Palace Gate 1


Royal Storage


area near the outer gate

ruins opposite the preceding photo

MyWorld Tuesday is brought to you by Klaus, and the MyWorld Team members Wren, Sandy, Sylvia, Louis, Fishing Guy and Klaus

Comments

magiceye said…
they are all lovely images! thank you for the virtual tour of the palace.
Rajesh said…
Wonderful to see such an historic place. In the days of glory this would have been the place to be.

Jaaisalmer, Golden City
Sylvia K said…
Marvelous captures, Hazel! And what an interesting place. Would love to have a chance to visit there. Thanks for taking us along on the tour! Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Sylvia
betty-NZ said…
Those are some fabulous ruins and I'm so glad you shared them with us!
Anonymous said…
Okay when I become King of the World I've just found my new digs. LOL. Just beautiful. I'd live to see inside.
Unknown said…
Lovely to see the grounds - looks really nice. Love the reflection in the last pic.
Anonymous said…
Magical ruins!
Carver said…
The outer grounds are amazing. I love ruins and this was such an interesting post. Happy New Year ahead!
Anya said…
History today :-)
Thanks for sharing your
BEAUTIFUL country !!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...