Skip to main content

The sun will come out tomorrow

Will it be cliche-ish if I raved about The Sound of Music? I reckon it will. Right, I won't rave. Classics are classics. Oliver!, The Wizard of Oz and My Fair Lady are treasures at the top of my musical movie list. Other greats I like are Chicago, Moulin Rouge, Evita, Grease, Staying Alive.

The King and I is banned in Thailand. I must have seen a few clips when I was a kid, but I don't remember ever watching the movie in its entirety. If I'm going to watch it, it will have to be the one starred in by Debora Kerr and Yul Brynner. I love classics obviously but you already know that.

To me an awesome musical is one that is not just fun to listen to, but carries a moving message about the beauty of the human spirit and portrays the intricacies of our nature so well.

I'm featuring Annie today. A contributor at Epinions.com has this overview: "a musical that has been done many times ... 1982 version the best. Like a lot of great musicals out there about orphans, Annie is about Little Orphan Annie, who lives at an orphanage where the children are worked to the bone. The person running the place sees these kids as slaves to whatever she wants. Carol Burnett plays the role of Miss Hannigan, the owner of the orphanage, and along with Rooster Hannigan (Tim Curry) decide to take advantage of any way they can to make money. But this is a story about Annie, and how she believed "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow." Albert Finney plays Daddy Oliver Warbucks, who seems like the least likely person to ever want a child in his mansion, but he takes a liking to Annie, and the two end up hitting it off. Little do they know that the Hannigans want to profit off of this the entire time. The music is great, the story is fun with a great ending, and the acting is top notch. Combined, they all make Annie an awesome musical."

This is a video collage of Annie with Alicia Morton singing Tomorrow


The sun'll come out tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
There'll be sun!
Just thinkin' about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow
'Til there's none!
When I'm stuck with a day that's gray, and lonely,
I just stick out my chin and grin, and say,
Oh... the sun'll come out tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on tïll tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow!
Tomorrow!
I love ya
Tomorrow!
You're only (it's "always" but I changed it to only)
A day away!

Don't you just love the optimism in the lyrics? I do, but I have already made that obvious too :-)

Kikamz @ Just About Anything hosts

Click here to see more musicals or to join

Comments

Anonymous said…
Annie was a goody two shoes if ya ask me. LOL. So why ask? LOL I like that song and now thanks to you it's going to be in my head the rest of the evening. LOL I cracked up this morning. Did you see which post you left the Microfiction comment in? I thought what's going on here. LOL it was in Mayhem. LOL
Hazel said…
My goodness, that's what happens when you go a'neighboring in blogsville and you're worrying about the laundry at the same time, lol... To me Miss Hannigan is the goody two shoes lol... I will always love the optimism in Tomorrow :-)
nuts said…
I hope the sun to come out tomorrow.. this is one great musical movie of all time..
kamz said…
i just love Annie too and her unforgettable song, Tomorrow. too bad i haven't seen any of the musical movies about it. thanks for suggesting it dear. i will definitely take note of this.

The King and I you should watch. it's a very nice movie. hope you can sneak a copy.. is it still banned in Thailand up to this day? Too bad if it is!

thanks for joining us this week dear. next week, we will feature A Merry Christmas Movie. till then, happy tcp and a Blessed Christmas!
Anya said…
The sun
i am cooooooooooooooooming
its here freezing Hazel :(


Sounds like a GREAT musical !!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...