Pages

Friday, 29 May 2009

Mommy Moments: Haircut

The responsibility of grooming Cj usually falls on me. I love taking him to the saloon so I don't mind a hoot even without a helper in tow. My thai is terrible. What I say to the hairstylist gets addled and I have to put ex on the phone to save Cj from looking like a practice mistake. His second to the last haircut was a disaster. I either brush up my thai saloon language or find a stylist that understands at least a bit of English. I did the latter.

When cut badly, Cj's hair grows like the way JK Rowling describes Harry Potter's hair. Only Cj's must be worse. It's so bushy on top sometimes I feel like grabbing my kitchen scissors and just mow off the bush. Last week I took Cj to Kidkut for his second haircut in less than two months. This time I didn't ring the ex. I was shown a catalog at reception and I told the stylist to just tame my son's hair. Tame it; as in give it a lesson!

My cousins once joked that if Cj threw a bad mood, the explana- tion is simple: It's an aftermath of global warming. To me it's his hair. I'm glad this guy (or gay?) is so fast and efficient. I hardly was satisfied with these phone shots and he was almost done.

It was Cj's 5th birthday last Saturday, so I call this his birthday haircut. I booked the 4 PM slot at McDonald and I was happy to see him go through his party minus a bouquet of carabao grass adorning his head.

Happy Mommy Moments, Mommies!

View more MM participants.

10 comments:

His Unfailing Love said...

wow, cute ng anak mo. God bless

Anya said...

Harry Potter's hair HEHE
Funny lovely story :)
The mommy moments
are always nice to reed ;)
Happy birthday to Cj :)
He is a very lovely boy !!
Have a great day :)

Lynn said...

Haha, this post is funny. Is there no Filipina hairdresser there? Belated happy birthday to CJ!

Hazel said...

@ His Unfailing Love, thanks.

To Anya, thank you for the nice words. I'm heading over to your place to tell you a 'little tale' :-)

To Lynn, none that I know of; and thanks for the greeting.

jeng said...

I enjoyed reading this ; ) Belated happy birthday to CJ! Thanks for dropping by my MM. Have a great weekend!

Chris said...

thanks for being part of mommy moments! your entry was interesting :D

onlinemommy said...

At least you've already found someone who can tame your son's hair :)


This is my first time to visit your site :) and thank you for visiting mine.

God Bless!

Tetcha said...

"A bouquet of carabao grass"; that's funny. Carabao grass or not, your son is an adorable little guy. I hope we can also exchange links. Thanks and have a nice day!

Hazel said...

To jeng, have a great weekend too.

To Chris, it's a pleasure to be a part of Mommy Moments.

To onlinemommy, hair tamer solved!

To Tetcha, a link? why not! :-)

Tetcha said...

Hi, there! I've already added your blog to my list of "Mommy Blogs." I hope you can also add mine to your blog roll. Good morning!