Skip to main content

There is party after divorce

Having a life after divorce is not a question to me. I didn't allow divorce to obliterate my life. The question is what is in this life, aside from having a kid to have fun with and more importantly, to live a good life for?

During mother's day on Sunday, I didn't know what to do with my day until I got invited by friends to a fantastic weekend in Chantaburi. Since it is Thailand's fruit province, I thought a fruit party was in order. But I was treated to something more than that.

Irene, her son Josh, Chette, my son Cj and I trooped, friendly invasion style, to Gelan's townhouse early Saturday (May 9th), before joining a handful of Filfriends at a secluded beach. There was no phone signal there. "Charming," I thought, "this dot on the map is all ours." Irene had to walk a few meters up an elevation where she did her call center business without interruption. Surprisingly, ex's ring came thru. I assured him his son is ok and quickly returned to familiar socializing.



We had a blast the following day. Namtokplio National Park is one place where I had the most fun since my 2006 UK holiday. Nothing beats mingling with a battalion of fish that are so used to human presence in their midst. They swam along, around and through our legs gleefully expecting their snack. We eagerly obliged.



This party reminded me of things that I thought were now forever behind me. I have almost forgotten what it's like to have a laugh that siphons toxic substances off your anatomy. Gelan and Cj hit it off at the waterfall. I found it sweet of our host to spend time with my kiddo while I enjoyed myself in the water with all the fish. And it was particularly exhilarating to experience once again what I used to take for granted: walking with a gentleman who kindly offers to carry my bag and shows protective gesture by automatically moving to the danger side of the street. Gelan is modest about it but I sincerely appreciate acts of thoughtfulness that I so miss and would like to say thank you just the same, Kababayan :-)



After my greeting reached Ma, she told me she met someone who gave an introductory speech at a conference she attended over the weekend: my sister-in-law that never was. Phew, beautiful memories here and there!

Now what is up with this All Over Him? Lol... Today got me over yesterday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...