Skip to main content

Christmas vocabulary

"Sanct'akaus!" "reindeer" "Bethlehem," Cj repeats after me. We have been identifying every christmas object we see on available media since December 1st. But recording these moments is the same as the past weeks. He decided to be shy around the camera. I decided to steal shots.

We explored the Emporium snowmen

he is convinced this snowman is Pinocchio

Last week I was told Cj was having classes on christmas day. I was like "are you kidding me?" There is understandably no trace of christmas in his buddhist Dad's house. I am appalled anyway and pulled him out of there as fast as I could, still in his school clothes.

We had christmas dinner at a Japanese restaurant where I managed to steal another shot

and another along a parade of poinsettias

Merry Christmas!


Chris at the Mommy Journey hosts

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well if it's any consolation I agree with him and the snowman. YIKES...school on Christmas...please...glad you yanked him out...but I hope the yank wasn't to forceful LOL. Merry Christmas to you, CJ and your entire family my dearest sweet friend. Much Aloha. xoxoxo
Hazel said…
Hi Thom, I would have yanked him many times over to get him out of a christmasless habitat. Happy christmas xoxoxo
Anonymous said…
I'm sure you'll find a way to celebrate Christmas - pinoy style and make it memorable for you and CJ. Happy Holidays to you and your family mommy! :)
Hazel said…
judy, indeed! we are always happy and comfy with what we are used to, aren't we? Happy holidays to you too!
Chris said…
Merry Christmas!!! :D thanks for joining us today :D
Chubskulit Rose said…
Bakit kaya ang mga boys aaw sa picture taking hehehe. I have to chase EJ just to get a smile on pics lol. Lovely photos here sis.


Our Christmas 2009. The Cottrill's wishes you and your family a happy new year!
anne said…
yeah it looks like pinochio though anyway heres mine http://annebianca.com/2009/12/mommy-moments-christmas-moment.html thanks
nuts said…
Merry Christmas to you and your family! Happy Mommy MOment! Great that you were able to take some shots of your son!
Marice said…
awww classes on christmas?! good thing CJ was spared! great photos sissy!

u may view mine here, happy holidays!
Good for you! I don't care if they don't celebrate christmas but leave my boys out of it!
Merry Christmas!!
MommyMoments
Clarissa said…
Christmas in Japan isn't a holiday unlike in some other countries.I love CJ's pic--kung pwede nga lang cyang kunan ng kunan ng pics noh?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family!!

here's my late MM:http://ties-bonding.blogspot.com/2009/12/mommy-moments_27.html
Thanks!^_^
nuts said…
hello there.. here's my
MM new years list.

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...