Skip to main content

Early morning

Sai Yok Noi is a waterfall in Sai Yok National Park. It's a popular stop for tourists exploring Kanchanaburi.

There's a small market and a buddhist shrine in the immediate vicinity. Nearby is a World War II train, parked forever on a section of the Death Railway tracks.


It's peaceful and fresh for early visitors. The only audible sounds are the falling of the water, rustling of leaves and twittering of birds. The twittering humans arrive later in the morning and this tranquility goes aloof

Over on the other side is another watery spot 130 kilometers from the town centre. Tourists pass through a short bridge to get into the spring. Right in front of it is a cold stream. Hot or cold, take your pick

There are three pools for bathers at Hindad: lukewarm, hot and very hot. Old folk chatter in the very hot pool. Kids play in the cold stream. The lukewarm pool, fenced and empty, is nice temperature-wise and reserved for monks. This is the middle pool, the hot and less frequented, nevertheless pleasant for relaxing

Comments

Josie said…
Beautiful! I am afraid that when I clicked on it I thought it said "early morning watery stool" and wondered to myself why I would want to read THAT! hehe
Sylvia K said…
Great post! Love your photos! And I wish I had that hot pool right now as it is cold and damp here in Seattle and I could use a little warming up!

Have a great week!

Sylvia
Hazel said…
@Josie, when I read your 'stool,' I thought great, me and my wonderful spelling. I'm glad to find out I didn't have to edit :-)

@Sylvia, fly over and enjoy the warmth of Hindad :)
sleigh beds said…
According to your explanation the place seems really very nice for strolling.
magiceye said…
such a wonderful place....
eileeninmd said…
Sounds like a wonderful plae, I lov ethe waterfall and the hot springs would be great too.
Hazel: I love the waterfalls and it looks like a giant at the base with those two big rock eyes.
Hazel said…
wow I never noticed those eyes til you mentioned them. I had to look again...
Carver said…
What a beautiful place. The waterfall is amazing.
ninja said…
It's good that you mentioned how peaceful it is. That's hard to find in tourist stops.
Marites said…
this place reminded me of Ardent Hot Springs of Camiguin. Nice captures!
Hazel said…
@koala, before the tourists arrive :)

@Marites, ah Camiguin, yep!
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful spot my friend. I love it :)
Ebie said…
I'd pick the medium to warm, hehehe, to ease and relax my aching whatever!

I noticed not eyes but something that would sound your letter B on the Stealing meme! Giggles, giggles!

RYC: The flower is called marigold. It has a tinge of dark burgundy or maroon color.
Rossel said…
lovely place. i love hot baths.
Marie said…
Looks like a lovely place to be :-)
Oman said…
wow. so many great subjects to explore. i would definitely have the time of my life there.
Inday said…
For all the world I love to live is the one best described here:

the falling of the water, rustling of leaves and twittering of birds.

Beautiful post.
Glennis said…
Hot springs and pools are so nice to relax in, looks a great place, nice waterfall too.

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...