Skip to main content

Wordless Wednesday: A Handy Sunset


Comments

Anonymous said…
Aloha!!
What a very creative picture!Awesome shot:)
Mines is up... http://upcountrysmiles.com. Stop by & visit.
Cindy O
Sukhmandir Kaur said…
Beautiful and awesome photograph!
Happy WW
Anya said…
Waaaaaaaaaaaaw Hazel:)
I'am a lover from sunsets,
but this shot is very beautiful :)
You are creative with your shots ;)
Happy WW!!
jams o donnell said…
Wow what a wonderful shot! Happy WW
I am Harriet said…
Very creative shot!
The Social Frog said…
Very cool picture :)
Black Cat said…
What a beautiful photo!

Nice to meet you. Thanks for visiting!

If you go here:
http://boybwog.blogspot.com/ or here:
http://ovenbwog.blogspot.com/ and leave a comment asking Boy's and 'Oven's human to visit your blog she may be able to tell you what those Thai musical instruments are. She is a musician and knows a lot about different instruments :)
yen said…
ang galing ng pagkakuha ng pic!
Black Cat said…
I asked Boy and 'Oven's human about the instruments and 'Oven replied, "I asked mine Mummy about the instruments, she's not very familiar with thai music but she hopes she got them right. They should be in clockwise direction starting from the 2-stringed bowed instrument, the Saw Duang, the Jakhay, the Thon Cha Tri and the Kim. She says not to bet your life on it though because she isn't absolutely sure."

If you like cats, do visit their blogs, they're really nice :)
Margaret said…
What a perfect shot - that must have been difficult to get just right!

Thanks for visiting my blog and I'll be back to read yours again.
TBM said…
This is an amazing and peaceful shot!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...