Skip to main content

Wife Version 1.0

Header by Samulli. To read more or play along, click T13.

A girl friend forwarded an email from EnjoyTheMasti to her gang which comprises two wives: one married for a couple of years and the other is married for more than ten years; a beautiful, single 'dis-engaged' (her fiance found a low-quality, ancient and illegal version of Wife 1.0) and a happy divorcee (me). Widow is luckily not in this gang yet, and hopefully non-existent in say, fifty years. From the email, I am listing down 13 points from both the Troubled User and the reply from Tech Support. P.S. Sense of humor 5.0 will help you laugh your way down the list:

Complaint from Troubled User

1. Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend version 7.0 to Wife version 1.0.

2. I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources.

3. In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitoring system activity: applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Football 5.0, Hunting and Fishing 7.5 and Racing 3.6. I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my favorite applications.

4. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0 but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0. Please Help!

Reply from Tech Support

5. This is a very common problem that men complain about. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 thinking that it is just a Utilities and Entertainment Program.

6. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not allow this.

7. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warning-Alimony-Child Support. I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 and work on improving the situation.

8. I suggest installing the background application "Yes Dear" to alleviate the software augmentation.

9. The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE because ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will return to normal anyway.

10. Wife 1.0 is a great program. Although it tends to be very high maintenance, Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs such as Clean and Sweep 3.0, Cook It 1.5 and Do Bills 4.2.

11. However, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will cause the system to launch the program Nag Nag 9.5.

12. Once this happens, the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional software called Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0

13. WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

Comments

Alice Audrey said…
LOL. Nag, nag 9.5? Now where did I cache it?
Anya said…
I don't understand
where you talk about Hazel,
but I am just awake and drink my COFFEE to wake up ...... LOL
I can't you give advice :(
Hootin Anni said…
This, my friend dear Harriet, it sooooooooooo good. I especially like the tech support. Too, too funny---all of it!

My Thursday's road signs & slogans are posted...come on over if you need some laughter!

Happy 13'ing!!
Unknown said…
OMG lol You hurt my brain this early in the morning. Happy T13!
Hazel said…
I'm happy for the laughter this list brought you, friends.

Anni, it's Hazel. Can I laugh too? Lol!...ok there I go!
I am Harriet said…
Too funny!
Happy Thursday!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/dont-ya-love-thursdays.html
Joy Wizziwa said…
Genius!!! This is such a great T13...and I can't stop laughing!!!

Happy T13...
colleen said…
Some relationships just crash like a hard drive.
jillconyers said…
I just read this on another blog. It's just as funny the second time :)
Ebie said…
Me, too,ha,haha! I am cracking up! Hmmm, let me see, which advise should I follow (or not). Hazel, this is a wonderful post! Anymore?
jeng said…
Hahaha...really funny!
Indrani said…
This is hilarious, Hazel!
Keep sharing such stuffs. :)
Andi said…
LOL! Good one.
I just read this out loud to my husband. We got a good laugh!
Clarissa said…
hahahahhaaaa!!You just made my day a happy one,Mommy Hazel!!!!\(^0^)/I just can't stop laughing!!

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...