Skip to main content

Get cracking!


A lot less Mondayish, more like a TGIF! - that's I. To get myself cracking at work today I picked something upbeat. The beginning scene on this video reminds me of that extremely conservative music screening committee back in boarding college. We were supposed to serve church and community after graduation and they wanted to make sure we behaved chastely, like nuns if possible. Some of us loved to deliberately perform something that breaks all the rules of performance on the holy auditorium stage to defy authority. Fast forward --- it's Monday 2009. No more strict screening committees. It's freedom galore! And It's Raining Men!


Jori and Diane are hosting Musical Monday. Head over to their sites to play along.

Comments

Diane said…
jeez! i wish i had her stomach!!! i also wish i could do the flashdance dance!! lol that was fun!
Anonymous said…
OMG I so love this video. The Weather Girls were one of my favorites. Of course, Disco stil reigns king with me. Excellent Happy MM
Gone Bananas said…
Wow she looks great doesn't she!! Made me wanna put on some leg warmers and run in place. :-) Happy MM!
jori-o said…
Hallellujah! =)
Run DMT said…
Fun song! Happy MM!
Hazel said…
Hi Diane, me too! :-) and I've been watching Flashdance this week.

Hi Thom, the Weather Girls rock!

Hi Gone Bananas! she surely does

Hi jori-o, Amen =)!
I love Geri's version of this song! Happy Monday to you!
Fabulous! I love the idea... raining men. And .... I wish I had that body!
Amy said…
I so enjoy this song. Thanks for sharing..

Happy Monday...
Anya said…
GREAT
GREAT
GREAT
song and video :)
I love it Hazel
breaking all rules (I do it also ;)
In The Netherlands we can do almost everything .... LOL :))))))
Anonymous said…
And this woman has had a baby! Good grief.

Great homage to Flashdance, and great cover of the original song!
amanda said…
What a crack up, I think the whole being in front of the committee is supposed to be spoof of the movie flash dance put that with a spice girl (Geri is a spice girl isn't she I think) and Raining men... wow what a funny video!
Carleen said…
Fun song to start the morning with! I think it must be illegal to be so skinny, though! :)
Hazel said…
Hi Karen, I too

Hi Lorielle, amazingly flat tummy isn't it? :)

Hi Amy, I'm glad you did

Hi Anya, it must be exciting to live The Netherlands, lol!

Hi Joy, some girls are just so lucky with their amazingly flat tummy

Hi Amanda, yeah she is

Hi Carleen, if it's super model skinny, the skeletal type, I think it's no longer right :)

Popular posts from this blog

Watch out for the urchin

Friends and I went island-hopping last year. My phone was changing indications of where we were several times. Names are difficult to read, much less remember. The main island where we hopped from is called Koh Chang or Elephant island. We went to five islets each taking about 15 minutes to reach. In a stop one of my friends encountered a sea urchin. They say a pee would cure the sting. I don't know if it's true. Another thing I heard about urchins is they could sense and would crawl towards human presence. Probably for more prickly attention? Although sometimes paradise has a price, the sky was blue, the sun was shining, the weather perfect and the breeze was just what our city-dwelling lungs needed. All is well. *** My World Tuesday is brought to you by Klaus and the My World Team Sandy , Wren , Fishing Guy , Sylvia

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Pretentious Diet

Our Weekend Memoirs: Dieting on Eggs Please scroll down for Sunday Stealing The chinese guy selling noodles in front of 7 Eleven also sells eggs. I wanted to buy some but he was busy with his customers and I couldn't wait. Back in front of the pc, a recent report that Margaret Thatcher's pre-election victory diet included 28 eggs a week had me reading more than I normally would big news. She is said to have told an interviewer that she had "no special dieting regime." Her pocket diary, which was released by the Margaret Thatcher Archive Trust seems to have revealed otherwise. But don't we all sometimes like to keep others wondering? The Iron Lady's husband though gives it to us straight and cool. When asked "who wears the pants in this house?" He replied, "I do. And I also iron them." This anecdote is exactly what I thought of while my southeast asian ass err... blood was quivering in the London cold as I stood on this famous street. Then M...