Skip to main content

It's Raining Awards!

There was this warm-up game in an obligatory workshop I once had to attend years ago. It asked attendees to use an adjective which begins with the same letter as the first letter of their name to introduce themselves. As I wasn't exactly in the mood for a workshop that was scheduled on a Friday afternoon, I said I was Hazy Haze. They didn't approve it. "Heavenly Hazel then," I was itching to leave for the weekend. Today though I am Happy Hazel :-) Who wouldn't be cheerful with all these therapeutic blogging and the awards that come pouring in? Look at these!

Thom of Thom's Place for Well Whatever gave me these Triple Awards. Thank you, Thom.



Chris of The Mommy Journey gave me this Spread The Love award. Thank you, Chris.

Tetcha of Pensive Thoughts gave me this Your Blog make us Smile award. Thank you, Tetcha.


Genebei of Her and History gave me these Perky Blogger and Kreativ Blogger awards. Thank you, Genebei.



The Kreativ Blogger award requires you to say 7 things about yourself. I'll try:

1. I used to be a bookworm. Now virtually the only thing I read is Harry Potter.

2. I haven't played the piano since I threw a vocalist off-key for 1 second during a concert. I have this urge to wreak havoc again *wink*

3. I am an only child, and my very first boyfriend was also an only child.

4. I'm a mom of two boys: biological CJ and canine Mozart *hugs*

5. When driving in the suburbs, sometimes my taste for danger comes out: I love to overtake a succession of three to five lorries. (I can hear you saying loca, gaga but I lived to tell the tale, didn't I? LMAO)

6. Had I known earlier the wonders of blogging, I would have started it long time ago.

7. My first job abroad was part advertising and part handling of international communications for an export company.

Now I'm passing on these Spread the Love, Your Blog Makes Us Smile, Perky Blogger and Kreativ Blogger awards to:

Harriet of
I am Harriet

Indrani of
iShare

And this Creative Mom Blogger award is again from Genebei. Thank you, Genebei.

Comments

Chris said…
congrats on the awards! :D
jori-o said…
Thanks for the shout-out! What a great way to start my morning! =)
Diane said…
congrats to you - you deserve them all and many more!

and THANK you so much!!

p.s. i had to look up "lorries" lol!!!
Anya said…
Its raining awards ..... OMG
So many :)
Thanks Hazel
that you give it to us.
i think I make a new background only with awards ......... LOL

Oopssssss.....
I forgot
GRATULATIONS on all your Awards :))
You deserve it all !!!
:)
Aren't awards awesome? They totally make blogging more fun than it already is. Congratulations!
Anonymous said…
WOOT...Congrats on all the awards and thank you very much. I will get to it soon. Well deserved my friend :) Aloha
genejosh said…
u deserve them all sis and marami pang awards na ibibigay ko sa yo...he..he...sis kelan ang next concert mo? 1 second lang naman yong na-off key yong vocalist, sige na balik ka na sa pagpapapiano..I'm dreaming to know how to play the piano ...kontento na akong may nakilalang pianist, thanks to you...he..he...

Pareho tayo sis if only I knew blogging before..naku I remember yong first year ako dito so bored na ako sa kakasurf sa internet and if I deiscovered blogging long time ago, i dunno asan ako ngayon...baka di pa nag-asawa kasi naaddict sa blogging..LOL! joke lang noh di ko ipagpalit family ko...

Have a nice day sis..alam mo sis I'm absent today, I have konting fever, sore throat dala siguro ng regla ko...

Happy weekend!
Rajesh said…
Fantastic. It is definitely raining and you richly deserve them.

Popular posts from this blog

Watch out for the urchin

Friends and I went island-hopping last year. My phone was changing indications of where we were several times. Names are difficult to read, much less remember. The main island where we hopped from is called Koh Chang or Elephant island. We went to five islets each taking about 15 minutes to reach. In a stop one of my friends encountered a sea urchin. They say a pee would cure the sting. I don't know if it's true. Another thing I heard about urchins is they could sense and would crawl towards human presence. Probably for more prickly attention? Although sometimes paradise has a price, the sky was blue, the sun was shining, the weather perfect and the breeze was just what our city-dwelling lungs needed. All is well. *** My World Tuesday is brought to you by Klaus and the My World Team Sandy , Wren , Fishing Guy , Sylvia

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Pretentious Diet

Our Weekend Memoirs: Dieting on Eggs Please scroll down for Sunday Stealing The chinese guy selling noodles in front of 7 Eleven also sells eggs. I wanted to buy some but he was busy with his customers and I couldn't wait. Back in front of the pc, a recent report that Margaret Thatcher's pre-election victory diet included 28 eggs a week had me reading more than I normally would big news. She is said to have told an interviewer that she had "no special dieting regime." Her pocket diary, which was released by the Margaret Thatcher Archive Trust seems to have revealed otherwise. But don't we all sometimes like to keep others wondering? The Iron Lady's husband though gives it to us straight and cool. When asked "who wears the pants in this house?" He replied, "I do. And I also iron them." This anecdote is exactly what I thought of while my southeast asian ass err... blood was quivering in the London cold as I stood on this famous street. Then M...