Skip to main content

Interacting with my 5-year old

Giving me all the highs for several weeks now are nights researching for a possible study proposal. The ideas I find here and there are freaking exciting I practically scream at my computer screen. But right now I'm acknowledging the little things that made me smile this week, and they are my faves:

1. Stairs. Hours in front of the pc are giving me extra weight, and I'm getting worried. Climbing stairs is a great alternative over the lift in exercising.

2. Golf cart ride. On Tuesday morning my watch registered 7:50 and I was still inside my apartment. I had ten minutes to sign in at work. Running to the computer in high heels surely would not help. The golf cart saved the day. Uniformed security never looked as useful, helpful and even sweet.

3. Food-equipped office. People in our department must really be this fond of eating. Thai colleagues are always inviting everyone to share their food. It's normal to arrive in the office and find snacks on your desk. Sometimes the goodies have 'designer' taste :)

4. Free Nights. They are numbered. Next week it's show time at the university, so I cherish my free nights as much as I can.

5. Interacting with my 5-year old. I was surpised when he approached me over some hot oil that splattered on my arm when I was frying him sausages. I took the oppportunity to explain how his food is prepared and teach him a quick lesson on being careful. He got more interactive with me than usual and I loved it. My favorite part is his added willingness to be kissed and hugged; and he returns the same acts of affection with intensity after seeing my burn.

~ FFF is brought to you by Susanne. Click her name for more faves ~

Comments

Beth said…
I love the number 3! Ang sweet naman ng officemates mo! :)

Also #5! My kids would always run to me whenever they hear me say "Ohhh!" when cooking. And would always say, "Be careful next time, Mommy!" :) Sweet kids we have!
Hazel said…
yes they are, Beth! aren't we lucky? *hugs* :-)
First time here at this blog. Its very nice and interesting. I wanna to be here very often. thanks
Clarissa said…
That was so sweet of your son--bonding in the kitchen is my favorite!^_^
Hazel said…
thanks, anti-wrinkle

Clarissa, kitchen-bonding is one of my favorites too. There's a lot of action in there :-)
Anonymous said…
I love special time with my kids! Yummy treats at work... is the bomb!

have a nice week!
Susanne said…
What a sweet boy you have!

Free nights definitely are wonderful when one is a busy person. Enjoy all of yours!

People who bring food are a blessing! :v)
nikkipolani said…
I LOVE #3! My office-mates do bring food from time to time and it's always welcome. That you are having so much fun in your research is quite a wonderful thing all in itself. Congrats :-)
Willow said…
The ride to work was a great save! I wish they'd offer such assistance on our Southern CA freeways when every other car comes to a standstill.

Free nights and a little hug time spent with your boy. So sweet!
Anonymous said…
Wonderful FFF. I love #5. Have a great Friday :)
Lisa notes... said…
Your son sounds like such a little sweetie. Continue enjoying him as much as you can!
Karyn said…
I enjoyed your list....have a wonderful weekend!
Kari said…
those are precious moments with your 5 year old.
hooray for golf carts - they do come in handy and I'm with you about the stairs - great way to get in some cardio.
Happy Weekend.
Anonymous said…
Thank goodness for golf carts. LOL. 5 is the bomb. I love reading about your son and you. It's always so touching :) Happy Friday :)

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...