Pages

Monday, 19 October 2009

I would do anything for love (but I won't do that!)


A fact about me: I have never celebrated halloween in my entire life.

Culture. Religion. Things like that. But since I grew up with the media never lacking on halloween thingies, I'm aware of this annual holiday right up to my nose. There's a similar or slightly different kind of celebration in my country which we call All Souls/Saints Day. But that will be for another post.


I missed last week's Musical Monday. I hope you don't mind that I'm blabbing a bit longer today. Please sit back and relax.

Someone named Pat contributed "In the grave yard" to a collection of children's Halloween poetry and songs on the web. It is sung to the tune of Oh my darling (Clementine). It's short and cute. Try it :-)

In the grave yard,
In the grave yard,
When the moon begins to shine,
There's a doctor, crazy doctor,
and his monster Frankenstein.

Oh, my monster,
oh, my monster,
oh, my monster Frankenstein,
you are very, very scary, don't come
near me Frankenstein.

The only halloweenesque song I know is Michael Jackson's Thriller. Until I searched this morning, found so many, and chose this:

A few weeks ago I was at Hard Rock with two former schoolmates. The band belted out Meatloaf's I Would Do Anything for Love. Once again I enjoyed the clever phrases, and sang along some parts, emphasising on 'I'd run right into hell and back... but I won't do that!" Wikipedia talks about the perceived ambiguity of "that." If it were up to me, "that" would mean running right into hell and back.

Happy Halloween!


~ Musical Monday is brought to you by
Jori and Diane ~

11 comments:

Lorielle said...

Oh wow. Ya know... I still love Meat Loaf. This is an awesome video. Thank you for sharing!

Thom said...

You have never celebrated Halloween? Wow that's amazing. You poor deprived child LOL. Great songs. I really enjoyed these. I'm not much a a Meatloaf fan but that was pretty good I will say :) I enjoyed both of these. Have a great MM :)

Hazel said...

No, Thom. Poor, deprived me indeed lol! But wait til I blab about how we celebrate our version of halloween in the Philippines :-)

anti-wrinkle injection therapy said...

This is an awesome video. Thank you for sharing! I like it very much.

Diane said...

awesome! and i'm looking forward to hearing about your holiday!!!

Joy said...

He's such a musical legend and has so many amazing, epic songs. There's nobody else like Meat Loaf!

L. said...

It's SUCH a great song and thanks for the info on the lyrics, soooooo interesting. I'm one of those people who totally misunderstood them and put my own "that" in there, lol.

Amanda said...

Love Meat Loaf and the animated video was great, I like the music a lot!
Have a great un-Halloween!

Mejis said...

I absolutely love Meatloaf! Great choice!

Pacey said...

Go zel, ipakita ang atong kag-kag ug unsaon jud na nato bah...katawa lang na sila wala tay halloween! Lol. Yeah, I like meatloaf too, that song particularly. Nice pick. Forgot to play again, maybe for weeks now. Sige lang ko ani sa kalimot road uy.

sleigh beds said...

I think now you have a better chance to celebrate the Halloween. I think that day is coming nearer. Wish you happy Halloween.