Skip to main content

A shower of awards

Hello friends, lighten up and check out one cute butt.

It comes with the usual rules:
1. Pass it on to at least one other blog but the more the better.
2. Never ever tell anybody who gave it to you. (Link backs not allowed)
3. Make a nice acceptance speech.


Examples of acceptable acceptance speeches:

"As deserving as I am of this award I can not believe that they finally woke up and gave it to me. I have always striven to uphold the high ideals this award represents. You did well in selecting me."


Using Quilly’s Words:
Given the paucity of mellifluous isangelous blogs, how could you obstrigillate the awarding of this opprobrious award to this blog. I accept with great pleasure.


As a Raven’s Mini Challenge:
This blog, having roughly no bowling monsters in the closet from Pennsylvania on its menu for the day, is proud to accept this award.


********************

I am celebrating a shower of awards from Thom of Thom's Place 4 Well Whatever... Here they are:

1 2
*The blogger buddie award has no rules*

3


"You can see this box of chocolates is filled with different and unique candies and just like the chocolates we are all different and unique people. We are the same in that we all have common ingredients that make us more alike than not. Except for the frosting, which represents our personalities, we are indeed very similar on the inside.”

And of course there are rules:

1. That you must pass this award to others.
2. Link back to me when you have passed them forward.
3. Write a nice post about this award.
4. You must read this award with a southern accent. I call it southern day where we all have to speak with a southern accent. I know that will be hard for some of you, but for the rest of us, we will be fine. So now, ya’ll just enjoy this little ol’ award and have fun with it.
5. And of course let your folks know that they have a nice award waiting for them.
4


For those receiving this award it is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to six bloggers who must choose six more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

I am passing Just Another Prestigious, Honesty, Blogger Buddy, Chocolate Box, and the Circle of Friends Awards to:

Rose of Etcetera Etcetera

Genebei of Her and History

Chris of The Mommy Journey

Beth of All About Elizabeth

Jacris of Mom's Special Diary

Shelo of Mi Mundo del Amor


A note especially for Thom:

You are such a wonderful blogger friend. I find your visits to my nook a treat. Your comments always cheer my day. It's a delight to hang out at your place. Now I still haven't gotten away with that rule requiring an awardee to make a nice acceptance speech. My poor head is quite clogged with a barrage of info trying to put together something that will hopefully get me into something else. Equivocal, isn't it? But as soon as I see it taking acceptable shape I will personally deliver the news to your doorstep. While the plan evolves, I am honored and happy to accept the awards.

I love you, Thom. Let's meet some time and duet Something Stupid :-)


Comments

Chubskulit Rose said…
Nyahahahaha love your acceptance speech tunay na tunay galing sa puso hehehehe.. Oiiist sige eyeball na kayo ni tom then sing Bayang Magiliw, eheste brio lang po, ano ba maganda lol.. nabaliw na ako dito sis.. Maraming salamat sa award.. Hakutin ko to bukas hehehe.. mwah!
Anonymous said…
As long as you sing Nancy's part and I can sing Frank...your on. :) And when we do meet one day my day will be brightened up more than it is from your daily visits to my playground and your wonderful way with words. You are a great friend and I cherish you. I think this was a good acceptance speech. Equivocal...nawh Brilliant...yup. I'm honored to have sent these to you. :) Take care my dear sweet friend. CJ is a lucky boy to have a mom like you :) xoxoxoxox
sweet_shelo said…
wow , thanks a lot for these awards sis.. I feel honored... Yay!!!
Chris said…
thanks for the awards... :) nice speech too..!
sleigh beds said…
Nice word. keep it up.
Jac said…
Thank you for these fabulous awards!!!Done posting it sis!!!
happy Halloween =)

Popular posts from this blog

The Hunchback of Abella

A Duet When I was about 8 years old, I sang Something's Happened to Daddy in church. My father was not a church-goer so the guy I sang with was my mother's friend's husband. Papa keeps coming to my mind these days. January is the month he was felled by a massive coronary. Next week on the 14th is the anniversary of his death. The only times he ever set foot in church were during weddings and funerals of family and friends. I remember him being present in church eagerly when I was a flower girl at an aunt's wedding. Finally he entered church one more time. At his own funeral. I made sure church was the very place he went to before the cemetery. I only wished he was the one I sang with. Amy hosts head over to Signs, Miracles and Wonders for more music or to join ************************************ Guns n' Roses and the Hunchback of Abella My childhood was what can most likely be called normal. There was a balance of happy and sad memories. Today's

Sense and Sensibility: 200th anniversary

In 1811 Thomas Egerton of Whitehall, London published Sense and Sensibility . Quick math shows it has been two centuries since Jane Austen became a full-fledged author. Quite an anniversary, indeed. A celebration, I declare . Blogs regarding the publication anniversary of this romance novel picture Jane Austen 's engagements whilst making the final touches of her manuscript from Sloane Street. In letters to her sister Cassandra, Jane gave accounts of her shopping for muslin, the party that their brother Henry and SIL Eliza gave; mentioned several acquaintances, and referred to her book as S and S . As a fan I wonder which between sense and sensibility did JA deem more important since she portrayed both attributes equally well. I'm obliged to enthuse over my S & S reading experience. Alas, I only managed fourteen chapters before getting sidetracked by another novel, the very first that JA wrote. I will resume and complete my affair with the celebrant before 2011 end

Thirteen 13-word Quotes

1. I may be wrong , but I have never found deserting friends conciliates enemies. Margot Asquith , British Political Hostess (1864-1945) 2. Man's love is of man's life a thing apart; Girls aren't like that Kingsley Amis , English novelist and poet (1922-1995) "A Book Idyll" ~ see possible origin, also a 13- word quote: M an's love is of man's life a thing apart, 'Tis woman's whole existence Lord Byron (1788-1824) 3. An autobiography is an obituary in serial form with the last instalment missing. Quentin Crisp , English writer The Naked Civil Servant (1968) 4. Happy the hare at morning for she cannot read the hunter's waking thoughts. W.H. Auden , English poet (1907-73) Dog Beneath the Skin 5. Kissenger brought peace to Vietnam the same way Napoleon brought peace to Europe. (by losing) Joseph Heller, American novelist (1923- ) 6. Guns aren't lawful; Nooses give; Gas smells awful; You might as well live. Dorothy Parker ,