Skip to main content

Saturday 9: Wedding Bell Blues

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Wedding Bell Blues

1. If you have been or are married, tell us about your wedding. If you are not, tell us how would you want it to be.
~ spent half a day squatting and bowing low on the floor in front of 9 chanting monks, getting my hands drenched with scented water from a conch, and well... it was a Buddhist wedding - didn't understand 98%
of the sounds I heard but in fairness to the ex-MIL who ran the show, it was beautifully exotic! A treasure to keep.

2. What age would you encourage your children to get married?
~ when they are physically, emotionally, socially and financially ready

3. Who got married at the last wedding that you attended?
~ a feisty colleague

4. Do you enjoy weddings and receptions?
~ very much, especially that reception (feisty colleague's) where ladies who ran to the front for the bouquet-throwing were very much married, and the people cheering them on were none other than their husbands and kids

5. Have you cried at a wedding?
~ usually too busy absorbing beautiful vibes to cry

6. Would you prefer a lavish event or an intimate ceremony?
~ intimate is wonderful

7. Have you ever been in some one’s wedding party? If yes, do tell.
~ many times; as a flower girl (about 5 then), a bride's maid, a maid-of-honor, piano accompanist, tiresome but always fun

8. Does a wedding make you happy and sentimental or grouchy and skeptical?
~ very alive, most of the time smiling ear to ear

9. Why do you think our divorce rate is so high?
~ (in this part of Asia) aside from the lack of work exerted into a marriage, there are issues that warrant divorce. Times have changed, so have lifestyles. With the reason for my own divorce, and many others with the same reason, I didn't mind becoming a statistic. There is solace to draw though from the success of my parents' til-death-do-us-part marriage.

Comments

Brandi. said…
Hmm, a Buddhist wedding sound interesting...
Lisa G said…
Your wedding sounded beautiful...Have a happy Saturday :)
annies home said…
would love to have been a guest to your wedding it sounds great
Anya said…
Hazel
You make me smile
your answers are funny :)
Bud Fisher said…
Your wedding sounds fascinating! Happy Saturday...

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...