It's been a lovely week. These are my faves:
1. A blossom and rainy afternoons. Everytime it rains and I'm alone in my room, I am reminded of home. My parents and I would gather in the living room to chat and play scrabble. Our audience are our cats and dogs. The one who loses in the game prepares the snack which usually consists of either popcorn or boiled banana with lemonade or hot chocolate. I don't have those now. But I still get rainy afternoons that bring me back cozy memories. On my way to work this week I found something that resembles the origin of those banana snacks long ago:
2. Hair Saloon. I haven't been to the saloon in a few weeks although it's part of my weekly routine. I love how light my hair feels on my head everytime I get my hair professionally shampooed and ironed.
3. Errands done in one go. Mozart, my 6-year old is spending indefinite vacation with grandma in the Philippines. Each month I send him his allowance. To do that I have to go to the bank. That and paying the phone and internet bills are something I don't get accomplished in one go and it's getting really tiresome. Recently I found a bank located along the same route as the ISP office and the mall where I pay my phone bill. That's quite a relief!
4. Three free days and I spent them all indoors despite earlier plans to peek at some malls. I am proud of chores done: toppled 50% of the perrenial laundry, disinfected the bathroom and scrubbed the porch. The Jackson memorial made me realize it was my first time to cry since 2005. Alfred Austin says tears are the summer showers to the soul. I think that was the biggest benefit of my staycation.
5. Lots of mushroom and cheese in my spaghetti. I made this while blogging. The best part is my son helped me eat it.
Have a great weekend, everyone!