Skip to main content

TSMSS: A Medley

Two weeks ago I posted a song by the Heritage, and thought I would like to post another one this week, and maybe more in the following weeks. You might like listening to more of them too. Here's one customer review of the Heritage Singers:

" ... known for their brilliant vocal harmonies, [This] talented group of young, professional musicians feature seven carefully selected vocalists with vocal styles ranging from traditional to contemporary Christian, celebrating 36 years of ministry. The passionate conviction of these musicians shines through their music. Their honesty, integrity and unquestionable commitment to excellence touch a common chord with listeners from every walk of life.

As pastors and evangelists from churches around the world testify, an evening with the Heritage Singers will encourage, edify and inspire you to a deeper love relationship with our Lord. The Heritage Singers . . . implementing a musical message of hope, inspiration and peace . . . reaching people, one life at a time. "
(http://payplay.fm/hsingers2)

Yesterday I sent a text message to my mother asking her how old was I when I learned to sing He Touched Me. "3 years old, why?" came the reply. I sent another text saying I thought I was like 6 or 7.

A doting uncle, I remember, would say to me, "will you sing that song?... that one with 'shackles'?" That was one moonlit night in the mid 70's. Fast forward to 2009, I think of that uncle and remark in my head, he's sooo still very shackled by his drinking problem. I hope one day he gets his issue sorted.

This is a medley consisting four songs that many of us are familiar with, but I guess would like to hear again and again.



TSMSS is hosted by Amy of Signs, Miracles and Wonders.
Visit her site to join or listen to more wonderful music.

Comments

Sarah said…
wow, great singers, thanks for sharing this link.
Amy Wyatt said…
I love these songs! Like Linda's post, they take me back to my childhood. I used to sing all of them to my children when i would rock them to sleep, especially the second one! What a great choice.
Karen said…
Love these songs....
Great songs! Thanks for sharing them. I especially have always loved He Touched Me.
MsRay said…
Hi, Hazel! What a beautiful medley. I love listening to the Heritage Singers, too. Their songs always bring me to tears.

Have a blessed Sabbath.

My entry is also a Heritage Singers video.
Peggy said…
Blessings Hazel...There is nothing like a beautiful medley with a group that harmonizes & sings so fantastic like the Heritage Singers! I loved each song in the medley but "He Touched Me" always touches me. Thanks & also for your visit! Enjoy TSMSS!
Anya said…
The swinging saturday by Hazel
LOL
Its touching music,
you make us all cry ....... LOL

Have a great weekend
Kareltje =^.^=
Anya :)
Cathy said…
I loved all those songs, especially the second one about Jesus. They do have such wonderful harmony. Thanks for sharing this.

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...