What a week! These are my faves:
1. Scents. It’s in the morning when the lift in my apartment building becomes an open-close bottle of mixed perfumes. Residents start the day clean, fresh, and usually sweet smelling. On their way to work via the lift they leave traces of different scents: Christian Dior, Calvin Klein - must be the businessmen; Clinique, Chanel - must be the office girls; Versace, it must be me this week. It’s fun noticing a usually unnoticed detail in the bustle of life.
2. Jeans. One of my joys is simply wearing jeans after a hard day's work.
3. Neurosis. I found this book on a pile at Asia Books this week. For so much laughter it gave me, 178 baht ($5) is an unbelievable steal!
"...wonderfully funny..." - Chicago Sun-Times
"Tasteful, fresh, and intelligent..." Library Journal
"...gut-busting..." - Los Angeles Times
4. Colors. There's this tip from a Reader's Digest article: If you are worrying whether what you eat is balanced or not, and have trouble knowing exactly what to eat, just make sure your food has all natural colors from the rainbow and your diet is healthy enough. I make sure my morning coffee is always accompanied by salad with as many colors in them as possible. And finding this japanese salad dressing is a big favorite this week as it helps me take in healthy food that sometimes just don't appeal to my palate, especially when I'm rushing to work.
5. Hats. I love them! and I got to lend them to a friend. I love sharing what I love to friends, and when I see that they are appreciated or enjoyed, I love to share them even more. These hats were in Fiji Islands for almost two weeks! My friend wore them during a fishing trip there with her fiance.