Skip to main content

The Dating Profiles Meme: Hard Times


Welcome to The Dating Profiles Meme . This meme is based on a feature from WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Either you have used sites such as Match.com or Yahoo Personals or you’ve read them. Weekly, we scour those on-line dating sites to respond either a person's profile or often their headlines as most of us would really like to do. We use only "lines" that are gender-neutral. So, your mission is to respond to ten we choose each week. Seriously or with humor is your choice! The spelling or grammar errors were in the original profiles. Join us each and every Friday!

1. Why is this so hard?
Keep complaining. You don't know how much that thrills potential dates.


2. Walk with me.
I will if it's a rose-bordered path.


3. My software is state of the art.
I'll date your software.

4. Can’t believe I did this.
Oh crap, you say that in every free dating site you are in (lol)

5. Life is an adventure or nothing.
I'm sure there are more or less a hundred and one options

6. Looking for someone to get to no.
Did your English teacher let you pass?


7. I am absolutely terrible at this!!
Ten points off

8. Anything is possible, right?
You need support for your attempt at optimism, right?

9. It’s your last day to live, live it.
Aha! a reincarnation of Sybill Trelawney

10. I enjoy text messages.
There's some tech-savvy sounding euphemism. Hard times indeed: can't afford long-distance calls.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is the second one I've read and it still makes mo sense. There's no questions or anything. And
I have 3 othere meme's on Friday that have a lot of followers so I hope they either move this to a different day or make it mMs some sense. LOL.
Hazel said…
I hope so too. I got 3 on Fridays already. This will be the fourth. My answers are mean, rofl!
Hey,
Interesting point of view. I’ll consider changing my mind about this but for now I still don’t see things the same way you do.
Hazel said…
Hey Hey,
I'm sure nobody will mind.
Mommy Cara said…
Was here! Great answers. . . Thanks for the visit. Care to x-links?
I am Harriet said…
10 points off- good one :)
XoXo said…
You're funny Zel, like this...you're great at this...ga huna huna pa ko unsaon pag join hahah..murag just now bah.
Anonymous said…
I'll date your software. lol I like that!
Tami Winbush said…
I thought this meme was a hoot....check out my answers....

http://tamis-ramblings.blogspot.com/2009/11/dating-profiles-meme-hard-times.html

Popular posts from this blog

Answers through pictures

Genebei invited me to do this picture tag. I must admit I had a lot of fun doing this. It took me a long time though to find Google images that are royalty free or NOT subject to copyright. I don't mean to be boring but I have to be wary of this thing. When I searched for photos I did type copyright free photos of .... (I claim no ownership of these images. I am not in any way selling or earning from these photos). Now for the instructions: "Use Google image to search the answers to the questions below. You must choose a picture from the first page of the results, and post it as your answer." 1. The age of my next birthday 2. Place I'd like to travel to 3. Favorite food 4. Favorite place 5. One of my nicknames 6. Favorite color 7. College major 8. Name of my love 9. Hobby 10. Bad habit 11. My wish list Have fun everyone! --------- I mean innocent fun :)

Whisper your wishes

Cross-cultural misunderstandings are rife among gestures of beckonings and farewells in different parts of our planet. For example, the American gesture for "come here" could mean "good-bye" to Italians. Axtell (1998) observes, "the way people beckon one another around the world can be almost as diverse as the way we greet and bid farewell to one another." Today we look into popular hand gestures to signal farewells and to beckon. 1. In the United States , common gesture for getting someone's attention, as when calling a waiter is to raise a hand about head high with the index finger raised (exactly the girl's hand gesture on Samulli's header ) If an American used that gesture to a waiter in Germany , saying "Water please," the German waiter would bring two glasses of water In Japan it is rude; pointing a finger at anyone is considered impolite 2. Italians and Greeks will often wave goodbye with the arm extended, palm up,...

Main course

Write From Karen For starters, I'd like some milk and whiskey.... A muscle towed my brow upward. "We are talking fine dining, people, and I want you all to go international," I announced to a group of Marketing majors last Sunday. These are what I fancied from their presentation: 1. Red mullet and skordalia (Greek) 2. Salmon sashimi with avocado (Japanese) 3. Braised halibut provencal (French) 4. Chargrilled prawns with lemongrass, tomatoes and coconut (Malaysian) 5. Lamb Steak with tequila and chilli (Mexican) 6. Veal roast with aromatic herbs and potatoes (Italian) 7. Roast mutton with red currant jelly (English) 8. Vermicilli with oyster mushrooms and king prawns (Vietnamese) 9. Somboon crab curry (Thai) 10. Chicken chow mien (Chinese American) 11. Barbecued lamb cutlets with mango and coriander salsa (African) 12. Bulalo (Filipino) 13. Paella vegetarian (Spanish) Never again will I go to work with an empty stomach . Megan and Janet host Thursday Thirteen . Click here ...